Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Best store bought waxing process

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2007, 7:20 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best store bought waxing process

I leave to go back to school on sunday so I need a waxing step by step process that can be bought from a store as I don't have enough time to wait for something online. What is the best process I can buy at a store? Is it meguiars? I am familiar with the best waxes online such as Zaino, but I really am lost on what is the best to buy at stores. My tahoe is only 2 weeks old but I alraedy see swirl marks and minor scratches in the paint. I just took it through one of those soft touch brush carwashes becaused i couldnt stand the little bit of dirt on it, and when i got back I took a good look in the sun and see several swirl marks and imperfections. Im pretty sure this is standard on any black vehicle and am not sure if it wascaused by the carwash or not. either way I want to get rid of them and im just hoping they come out easily. Sorry for the long winded post.

Summary: Need a great waxing process from the store that will get rid of swirls and last a while.
Old January 9th, 2007, 10:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Best store bought waxing process

Get Meguiars polish and gold class wax, paste or liquid your choice. The NXT will not last as long even according to Meguiars. You will not be diappointed.

Now, stop going to the automatic!
Old January 10th, 2007, 2:31 AM
CF Active Member

So all i need to do is polish and then wax? Or should I do clay bar, polish, then wax? Does the polish take care of swirl marks? I hate automatic car washes and the thing that blows is I live at an apartment at school where you can't wash your car in the parking lot. So i pretty much have to go to an automatic.[]
Old January 10th, 2007, 2:46 AM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

The way to tell if you need to use clay is to wax a small section, wipe off the haze, and if you can feel any roughness, then you need to clay. If you have to use automatic washes, use touchless. They will leave a slight dirt film but at least they don't scratch. Or you can use the do-it-yourself spray wash. Best way to minimize swirls and scratches is to always wipe in the direction of airflow any time you touch the paint whether washing, drying, waxing, or buffing off the haze.
Old January 10th, 2007, 2:49 AM
CF Junior Member

get themeguiars three step you clean, then you polish, then you wax.
make sure you wash it first my favorite car soap is the orange 1 gallon turtle wax soap.
best drying product is the absorber.
i know we sell all this stuff at autozone.
Old January 10th, 2007, 3:03 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1hot650r
best drying product is the absorber.
+1

I never see water spots after using my absorber.
Old January 10th, 2007, 2:54 PM
CF Active Member

Try Zaino products you order them online and they take a day or two. Great products. I use Z1 then Z2 then the Z6.. www.zainostore.com
Old January 11th, 2007, 5:36 AM
CF Active Member

I'm on the zaino web site and don't see a product called Z-1?
Old January 12th, 2007, 1:08 AM
CF Active Member

Z1 isa polish lock, u apply that first before the Z2. I just checked it out in my garage. Call them if you have any questions....or just email them. They can guide you in the right direction
Old January 12th, 2007, 2:26 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zymoil has a good reputation as well as far as store bought waxes. Easily found at your local wal-mart or Target

Quick Reply: Best store bought waxing process