Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Best store bought waxing process

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2007, 8:08 PM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts
Default RE: Best store bought waxing process

And you gotta love that coconut aroma.
Old January 12th, 2007, 8:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Zymoil before as well, not too bad. I read a little more on the Zymoil and it seems to be made more for the exported cars. I am currently trying the Zaino on my girlfriends Civic coupe. We will see what it does to the exports. I have already used the Zaino and have no regrets. It has step by step instructions. Great product and now would use nothing else. The tire dressing is great too, water based.. I hated applying the dressing and it spray all over the car when you drove off. The Zaino product does not spray at all. Yes.....I used the other products, sprayed the nite before and let it sit over nite and it still sprayed everywhere.

Old January 12th, 2007, 8:31 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer Gliptone polishes. They used to have something called WetCoat - it left the finish with a mirror finish!!! They also have several other polishes. www.gliptone.com

Autobarn sells their stuff.

Years ago, there was an Infomercial for LiquidLustre. I saw it in a store once and bought it. That stuff it actually really good!!
Old January 14th, 2007, 1:33 AM
CF Active Member

Finished applying the Z1 then Z2 on my girlfriends civic coupe. IT WORKS GREAT!!! There were some noticeable scratches deep, but not too deep on one side. I applied the Z1 then Z2 and now I can hardly see them. It has some great water beading qualities. I do use the after detailer Z6 to keep the shine going. Zaino does have some pics of the cars using Zaino. I can actually see the reflections clearly.
Old January 14th, 2007, 1:41 AM
CF Active Member

Yea well the bad news is its too late for me to even wax it now. I'm leaving for school as soon as the roads aren't icy and the weather has not permitted for me to wax. We are getting hit by a massive icestorm here in dallas, so now I have no clue when I am gonna have the chance to wax it. Gotta love icy weather.
Old January 15th, 2007, 9:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same experience here on my new car, after a week. I can already see swirl marks.

I will be using Zaino, like I have been doing for several years now of my black BMW.

Absolutely nothing beats this product in terms of build up (how the color keeps getting richer as you keep applying), protection for your paint job and the deep wet look that you get on black color.

I am taking the car to my detailer next week to take off the original wax and start applying Zaino layers. After that, he does it every 6 months and the paint job looks amazing.

I am quite amazed how dirty the car looks after minimal driving. The tires stick out of the wheel wells and spray the sides of the car every time the wheel is turneda bit. I was thinking about installing OEM mud flaps but they look dorky...

ORIGINAL: TPeezy

I leave to go back to school on sunday so I need a waxing step by step process that can be bought from a store as I don't have enough time to wait for something online. What is the best process I can buy at a store? Is it meguiars? I am familiar with the best waxes online such as Zaino, but I really am lost on what is the best to buy at stores. My tahoe is only 2 weeks old but I alraedy see swirl marks and minor scratches in the paint. I just took it through one of those soft touch brush carwashes becaused i couldnt stand the little bit of dirt on it, and when i got back I took a good look in the sun and see several swirl marks and imperfections. Im pretty sure this is standard on any black vehicle and am not sure if it wascaused by the carwash or not. either way I want to get rid of them and im just hoping they come out easily. Sorry for the long winded post.

Summary: Need a great waxing process from the store that will get rid of swirls and last a while.
Old January 16th, 2007, 1:58 AM
CF Active Member

when i applied the Zaino to my girlfriends car it looked great.. I live in Ausitn and right now we are going thru a rain/ice storm. She has been driving around and noticed that it still looks good, not as dirty as mine. We both have black. Usually you will see the dirt on the sides from the front wheel wells below the windows all the way to the back. On her car didn't notice much....of course there is some dirt, but like I said not as much as mine. I have just applied the Z1 then the Z2 tonite and let it sit over nite, since it is cold here...it will take a while to dry and take off. I will probably let it sit all nite.
Old January 16th, 2007, 3:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DarkOne

when i applied the Zaino to my girlfriends car it looked great.. I live in Ausitn and right now we are going thru a rain/ice storm. She has been driving around and noticed that it still looks good, not as dirty as mine. We both have black. Usually you will see the dirt on the sides from the front wheel wells below the windows all the way to the back. On her car didn't notice much....of course there is some dirt, but like I said not as much as mine. I have just applied the Z1 then the Z2 tonite and let it sit over nite, since it is cold here...it will take a while to dry and take off. I will probably let it sit all nite.
I know several folks that swear by Zaino. Is this product available at storefronts or it is available online only?
Old January 16th, 2007, 4:33 AM
CF Active Member

Zaino is only available online. You can get the products at www.zainostore.com
Old January 18th, 2007, 1:26 AM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

I was thinking about installing OEM mud flaps but they look dorky...
It's a truck. The OEM molded mudflaps don't really look that bad IMO and they sure keep the crap off the sides of the truck.

Quick Reply: Best store bought waxing process