Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bose System Sucks

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2007, 12:27 AM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose System Sucks

Got the new Tahoe a few days ago and must sayI was verydisappointed in the quality and loudness of the Xm and Radio in the Truck. However I addeda intergrationfor my ipod whichplugs inline thru the XM and controls the ipodthru the radio itself and whoa, the sound output doubled and I must say quite impressive. awesome bass and highs.....If the xm would sound this good i would even consider not bypassing the bose amp. But plans are to lose the factory amp and speakers and keep the headunit.
Old April 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Bose System Sucks

How does the sound output double?
Old April 6th, 2007, 12:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you adjusted the individaul settings for each input with the eqaulizer?XM, FM, CD and Input can have thier own settings.

Do you have Nav or 6 Disc HU? The Nav had a TSB regarding volume butI think it effected the volume across the board.
Old April 6th, 2007, 1:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tahoe07

Have you adjusted the individaul settings for each input with the eqaulizer?XM, FM, CD and Input can have thier own settings.

Do you have Nav or 6 Disc HU? The Nav had a TSB regarding volume butI think it effected the volume across the board.
How do you adjust each input with the EQ??? I have the Nav unit - can it be done??
Old April 6th, 2007, 1:36 PM
CF Veteran

That's part of the reasonwhy I asked if he had Nav. Seems Nav may not be able to adjustfor each input. Non-nav can. On non-nav you put it on the input you want to adjust, hit the **** on upper right with Music note on it. Adjust the setting and it stays for that input. You can do all of them.

We have an "EQ" button but that cycles through the preset "talk" "jazz"etc

There wasan update for radios inJune 06... From Dave -"Also make sure that your stereo has the latest software calibration, there was an update back in June for the Black-tie (non-nav) units and the current Nav radio calibration is 15260985."
Old April 6th, 2007, 2:11 PM
CF Active Member

e - what did you buy for the ipod integration and how much did you pay? Does the ipodturn on and off with the vehicle?
Old April 6th, 2007, 8:07 PM
e
CF Senior Member

yes I have set the eq for each field. Sad to say I have the non navi unit 6 disc and have not even put a disc into the slot, so im assuming that the sound quality might be the same as the ipod on the cd side.I did unplug my ipod today and tried it thru the aux input on the face and its not the same as thru the intergration piece. When you switch between the ipod and xm there is a noticable difference.

The ipod piece is from my good friends at Peripheral Model PXDP3. It works with the navi and non-navi units as long as you have a CAT button. you will also need a Plug PXH3GM1X. It is truly a plug and play. And yes you can set the unit to control the ipod thru the radio or you can set it to stay controlled thru the ipod and it does charge it as well. When you switch between ipod, xm, or radio it pauses the ipod. It will also pause and wake the ipod with the the on/off of the radio.

Tahoe07 how can i find out if I have the most current software?
Old April 6th, 2007, 8:34 PM
CF Veteran

Build date after June 06 would indicate that you already have the update Dave referred to.
As always you can ask them to check w/ your vin during your next visit to dealer. They don't routinely check for software updates unless you indicate a problem.
Old April 6th, 2007, 8:45 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: e

...I did unplug my ipod today and tried it thru the aux input on the face and its not the same as thru the intergration piece. When you switch between the ipod and xm there is a noticable difference...
Was the quality better or worse through the integration piece than through the aux input on the face?
Old April 6th, 2007, 9:51 PM
e
CF Senior Member

jmitchell, the only thing i can fiqure is that when you use the intergration its connecting the ipod via the bottom cable ( J Link? ) instead of the 3.5mm headphone jack. When you connect via 3.5mm the audio is a variable outputcompared to a fixed volume. The setup in my Truck (older Alpine in-dash FlipOut) when using the adapter that suppliesthe Video/Audio output through the 3.5mm itactually produced a bit of engine noise. So I swapped it for a plug that allows it to charge and supplies a Video/Audio through the bottom of the ipod and it killed the noise. However the outputs are about the same between both plugs minus the whine in my truck. I thought i was trippin' when I hooked it up but my wife even noticed. She says she wished the ipod sounded that good in her Hummer......

Quick Reply: Bose System Sucks