Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Brake controller receiving constant signal

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2016, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake controller receiving constant signal

On my 2007 Tahoe I am receiving a brake signal to my brake controller at all times now. The first controller was installed in 2014 from the RV dealer and worked great for the first year then started applying the brakes randomly at very short spurts without me touching the brakes, didn't cause much of a problem, then this year it was applying the brakes even worse to the point I had to turn the power down to zero so I could maintain speed and not burn the brakes up, thought it was the controller going bad so I purchased a new curt controller, installed per directions, worked at first but during the first trip it now shows a constant brake signal at the controller and once again had to turn power to zero and manually apply the brakes as needed. I know the problem is not in the camper because the brakes work perfectly with my 84 gmc with the same brake controller. Any suggestions on where to start looking? Is there a relay that sends the signal to the controller or does it feed straight from the brake pedal switch? Thanks