Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Break Lights Not Illuminating

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2017, 3:01 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break Lights Not Illuminating

My 2007 Tahoe LTZ break lights will not illuminate when i press the break. The light across the top will illuminate, but not the two bottom lights. I've replaced fuses and bulbs, and I tried to replace the break light switch, but it made it look like the breaks were pushed even when they weren't. The bottom lights were still not working with the new switch. Is there anything else i can replace?
Old September 4th, 2017, 3:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by DNelly10
My 2007 Tahoe LTZ break lights will not illuminate when i press the break. The light across the top will illuminate, but not the two bottom lights. I've replaced fuses and bulbs, and I tried to replace the break light switch, but it made it look like the breaks were pushed even when they weren't. The bottom lights were still not working with the new switch. Is there anything else i can replace?
Besides the vehicle, I'd say the turn signal switch. I think the brake lights also are through the turn signal switch as the cruise control also runs through it
Old September 5th, 2017, 10:23 AM
CF Active Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

If the fuses (BCK/UP STOP , LT STOP TRN , RT STOP TRN) are OK. Give the computer (BCM) a reboot, disconnect/reconnect the battery. The stop switch sends a signal to the BCM, which then turns on all stop lights. The brake switch appears to be functioning since your center brake light is working. "Back in the day" the hazard and turn signal switches would be next to check but, nothing goes thru the turn signal switch anymore.
Old November 28th, 2017, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any resolution on this one?