Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bull Bar

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Bull Bar

So the little woman is wanting me to "manly" up the front of my 07 Tahoe..
I don't care for some of the brush guards out there but I do kinda like the bull bar style, its clean and simple.. here are some pictures... I think I prefer the chrome over the black...
Thoughts? input? recommendations? pictures? n Texas you are supposed to have the front plate but I think I will leave it where it it factory mounted or take my chances with the law if I have to remove it as I do not care for where its mounted in the one picture....
I have the chrome grill inserts on my Tahoe...
Attached Thumbnails Bull Bar-bull-bar.jpg   Bull Bar-chevy-bull-bar.jpg  
Old June 23rd, 2011, 1:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like bull bars and brush guards, but IMO they look out of place on the NNBS Tahoes. The picture you attached is the first picture of a bull bar that looks ok. Not a chrome fan, but if you had to get one I think chrome would match better.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 2:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw 1 new body style Tahoe with a full grill guard and I was not a fan. I like the bull one you have here. since out bumpers are all molded plastic there is not much you can add, at least easily. If you put this up front what could you do to the back to make it kind of match?
we have not had our front license plate on since we bought the Tahoe nearly 1.5 years ago here in TX...mainly because I never got the screws so I have it right behind the driver seat back just in case there was an issue.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 6:29 PM
CF Active Member

Not a big fan of Bull bars. I went with a black Go Rhino grille guard on my Suburban 2500. I like the way it looks but to each his own.

Name:  photo12.jpg
Views: 15369
Size:  174.9 KB
Old June 24th, 2011, 8:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default guards

I like the euro one i found that wraps even the head lights.

I don't like how I lose the front tow hooks...
Old June 24th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LTL4life
Not a big fan of Bull bars. I went with a black Go Rhino grille guard on my Suburban 2500. I like the way it looks but to each his own.
I like the one you have and had considered it but it looks too functional where as the bull bar is more show then functional (does that make sense?)

STS: I agree I don't understand why it is you have to loose the tow hook functionality surely they could be integrated, I would not want to use a brush guard for pulling something where as the hooks are literally attached to the frame and could take just about anything you put to them...

Last edited by in2pro; June 24th, 2011 at 8:20 AM.
Old June 24th, 2011, 9:49 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default brush

this is the one i like.

http://www.ultimateautoaccessories.c...%2007Tahoe.jpg
the guard bolts up where the factory hooks do, so you lose the factory hooks.

Not like you could fit a large D-Ring in there with how much plastic is around them anyway... that and i've never pulled anything w/the front hooks on my tahoe... but on my wrangler i used the front hooks ALL the time... usually to move other jeeps...
Attached Thumbnails Bull Bar-steelcraft%2520gg%2520blk%252007tahoe.jpg  
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

That's probably the best looking one I've seen. But unless it folds down (doubt it does) then makes cleaning/drying front end a lot harder.
Old June 24th, 2011, 5:33 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
I like the one you have and had considered it but it looks too functional where as the bull bar is more show then functional (does that make sense?)

STS: I agree I don't understand why it is you have to loose the tow hook functionality surely they could be integrated, I would not want to use a brush guard for pulling something where as the hooks are literally attached to the frame and could take just about anything you put to them...

Yes, make sense to me. i went this route hopefully for some protection from Deer Hits which is a problem here.