Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

a/c not blowing air out of vents

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2018, 6:35 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c not blowing air out of vents

I just replaced the compressor in my 2010 chevy Tahoe and thought I had fixed all problems with my air... now ithe air will come on and then blow super cold where I can see it blowing ice cold through the vents its so cold then it will quit coming through the vents all together and only blows inside the car dashboard area and not towards me or my passengers? Blenddoor is what Ive been told but is that some thing that my mechanic should have fixed or know about when he replaced my a/c compressor to begin with ...
Old March 1st, 2018, 1:26 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe the evaporator is freezing up.
Old March 1st, 2018, 8:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

a temp blend door controls temperature, mode doors distribute where the air goes...vents, floor, defrost. the door is commanded to move by the HVAC module. the door actuator is the electrical motor that moves the door. if the door isn't moving corrrectly; the door, actuator, module or wiring could cause it. the first item i would check is the actuator....see if its moving the door when commanded.

the a/c compressor is engine mounted. the mode door is mounted in the hvac case under the dash. they are separate repairs and each would have different symtoms. I can't comment further without knowing what the original symtom was.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 5:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A simple trick that may work is to remove the battery cables for a few minutes, Reinstall and see what happens. A mechanic told me this is a simple relearn method that has some success...