Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can you make heads or tails of this?

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2006, 1:32 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can you make heads or tails of this?

That helps. I'm going to have my install guys pull the Onstar box out completely and wire it.
Old December 8th, 2006, 1:35 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seemed to get the onstar box completely out you obviously have to get the plugs out the back of it. To do so it seemed you would have to remove some of the console and more of the radio surround. I was trying to avoid this, and the instructions didnt do this either.

Like Imentioned, i couldnt see the back of the onstar box. Please let me know if there is only one open/unused slot in the back of it and which one is 2 & 4. I am going to call JP customs tomorrow. I may have them send me another harness since I am an idiot!
Old December 8th, 2006, 1:38 AM
CF Addict

One other thing. I believe connector C1, if looking at the back of the radio it would be on the left, vice versa looking at it from the front! This is where your 2 wires go. The only reason I know is that my instructions say to put the two wires coming out of the plug i put in the onstar box in the two open pins on the connector. So I am sure it has to be them.
Old December 8th, 2006, 1:44 AM
CF Senior Member

Yes it is C1. That list is great that ZX1100F1 made. It all makes sense now.

I'll ask my installer what the Onstar box is like back there and report back to you tomorrow afternoon.
Old December 8th, 2006, 1:47 AM
CF Addict

IS your dealership doing this, or audio shop? Are you just installing factory navigation unit?
Old December 8th, 2006, 1:59 AM
CF Senior Member

I'm having an audio shop do it. The only thing I allow the dealership to do is scheduled maintenance. Ha, ha.
Old December 8th, 2006, 2:19 AM
CF Senior Member

ZX1100F1,

On the digram at the top of this post, the grey and bare wire from the OnStar box get spliced into, tapped if you will, but NOT cut correct?
Old December 8th, 2006, 2:58 AM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

One other thing. I believe connector C1, if looking at the back of the radio it would be on the left, vice versa looking at it from the front! This is where your 2 wires go. The only reason I know is that my instructions say to put the two wires coming out of the plug i put in the onstar box in the two open pins on the connector. So I am sure it has to be them.
That is correct. My question to you is, were the two holes empty where you stuck the pins into the C1 harness or did you have to splice into wires that were already there?
Old December 8th, 2006, 1:44 PM
CF Addict

The holes were empty on mine! The instructions also said the holes should be empty.
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:56 AM
CF Addict

TMW,

I think I may have been wrong about on thing. I think the pins 2 & 4 on the back of the onstar box plug are from the left to right. So 2 is farther on the left, and 4 is on the right. This is while sitting in the seat and the onstar box in its original position. I would be able to confirm this if I could get to see the back of the onstar box!

The exact opposite for the plug that goes in the radio, C1 as we have called it. I know the pins are from right to left 1234 etc.

I wont know for 100% sure until next week. I broke one of the little female connectors that goes into the C1 harness and have to have JPcustoms mail me some more.

Quick Reply: Can you make heads or tails of this?