Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

CDs are stuck

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2019, 2:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDs are stuck

I have a 2004 suburban and the battery cables came loose one day and after tightening them, my CD player started switching CDs randomly and all of a sudden said there were none in there. There are 6 in there and I can't get them out. It now just says initializing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Old August 2nd, 2019, 5:32 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

those style radios are junk. most times its not "if" they screw up but when. i know when ours screwed up we just had to wait some time (weeks or months) before it would start working again and we were able to remove the CDs
Old August 3rd, 2019, 4:54 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish_alley
those style radios are junk. most times its not "if" they screw up but when. i know when ours screwed up we just had to wait some time (weeks or months) before it would start working again and we were able to remove the CDs
I think it was Tech2 that mentioned using a credit card type card to get these CD's out. I think its dust that causes this, but my 98 K-1500 CD radio works fine after lots of dust. I guess its the luck of the draw.