Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Climate control problem cant stop outside air from coming in

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2007, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control problem cant stop outside air from coming in

I am having a problem with the climate control from my 07 tahoe. Whenever the climate control is off i keep gettting air coming from the outside. I push the button that recirculates air and for the outside air not to come in but it still does. When i push the button all it does it blink. I was able to get it to stay lit once but once i turned off the tahoe and turned it back on i couldnt get it to stop blinking. This is annoying cause outside air keeps going inside through the vents when i dont want it too. How do i stop this?????????????/
Old October 27th, 2007, 5:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Climate control problem cant stop outside air from coming in

That drives me nuts as well. I believe the AC for the 07 is designed that way. Hopefully ZX will chime in here and lay the facts down.
Old October 27th, 2007, 5:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will get air in the cabin at all times.Designed to keep CO2 from building etc...If you hit the temp arrow, youcan adjustthe ambient air temp without turning on the system. You can also select the area the ambient air will come in by hitting the selector on the right.Don't hit the fanadjustment or the system will come on.
Old October 27th, 2007, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: tahoe07

You will get air in the cabin at all times.Designed to keep CO2 from building etc...If you hit the temp arrow, youcan adjustthe ambient air temp without turning on the system. You can also select the area the ambient air will come in by hitting the selector on the right.Don't hit the fanadjustment or the system will come on.
This sucks then because i had an 03 350z and evertime outside air came in i just hit the recirculate button and no more air.
Old October 27th, 2007, 5:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure you got air in the Z but not as much and not as noticeble. All vehicles allow outside air in.

Try adjusting the location and temp and it shouldn't bother you as much.
Old October 27th, 2007, 5:57 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fernandito7

I am having a problem with the climate control from my 07 tahoe. Whenever the climate control is off i keep gettting air coming from the outside. I push the button that recirculates air and for the outside air not to come in but it still does. When i push the button all it does it blink. I was able to get it to stay lit once but once i turned off the tahoe and turned it back on i couldnt get it to stop blinking. This is annoying cause outside air keeps going inside through the vents when i dont want it too. How do i stop this?????????????/
the recir only works on certain settings on GM and it DOES NOT WORK with AC, it will use outside air for the AC all the time......and I beleive any of the setting with defrost it uses outside air as well, only certain ones will it switch to close the outside air
Old October 27th, 2007, 6:20 PM
CF Senior Member

ZX has said before that the system is designed tolet in 10% air so avehicle fully loaded with passengersdoesn't use up all the Oxygen
Old October 28th, 2007, 8:29 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MalibuMaxxSS
the recir only works on certain settings on GM and it DOES NOT WORK with AC, it will use outside air for the AC all the time......and I beleive any of the setting with defrost it uses outside air as well, only certain ones will it switch to close the outside air
And once again more erroneous information.
The recirculation mode cannot be used with floor, defrost, or defogging modes.

Make sure that you have the latest HVAC software calibration enhancement, this will enable you top select “Recirc” when the HAVC system is off and substantially reduce (i.e.: nearly illuminate) the flow of air into the cab vents.
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:21 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1
Make sure that you have the latest HVAC software calibration enhancement, this will enable you top select "Recirc” when the HAVC system is off and substantially reduce (i.e.: nearly illuminate) the flow of air into the cab vents.
Dave,
Is there a TSB or some sort of reference to give the dealer for the software enhancement?
Old October 28th, 2007, 1:14 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The product enhancement campaign # was 06024B, technically it has expired however you can simply ask the dealer to check to make sure that the latest HVAC software is installed and if not ask then to.