Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Cooling fans shut off while ac on

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2023, 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling fans shut off while ac on

2015 tahoe lt with rear air
A/c is ok. i think it could do better.
I get evaporator core temps that fluctuate anywhere from 37-41degress (avg 39) at idle after bulk of heat load has been removed which would be fine except actual vent temps are usually 4-7 degree higher then the evaporator temp for some reason. Nice and chilly when evap is at 37 and cool and acceptable when its at 41. but it will fluctuate as high as 44-46 which of course means 53 degree vent temps sometimes (no bueno).

However the main issue I'm having is with my engine coolant/condenser fans deciding to shut off when i finally get the cabin nice and cool and have ac blower fan at 20-50%. which of course dramatically increases vent temps. ac compressor might as well not be running at this point. temps increase dramatically in a short period of time. Tahoe is new to me and this is the first summer I've had with it. Don't know if this is a new issue or not. Bought it in February unfortunately had tranny, a/c compressor, ac compressor to evap lines, and condenser all replaced. Just recently gotten it back.

Anyone have a clue why the coolant fans would be shutting off at idle even tho the ac is running? I can pop the gas pedal (floor it and let off) and the fans will come back on and ac will begin to cool again.