Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

cruise control issue

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2013 | 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default cruise control issue

I've been reading other posts on here but can't seem to find an answer. Like I've said before this is my first American car and is new to me. My cruise control doesn't work. The on/off switch on the steering wheel comes on but it will not activate. I looked for the fuse but couldn't find it, so if someone could direct me there I'd like to check it first. All my brake lights work so I don't think its due to a faulty stop lamp. Any help is appreciated. If its the brake switch I'm not sure what I'd be looking for, so any links would help. Thanks a bunch everyone
Old February 20th, 2013 | 10:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Helps to post what year & engine size you have in your question. Have you had it checked for any DTC's?
Old February 21st, 2013 | 5:44 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah you're right, that would help. its an 07 5.3 liter, LT
Old February 21st, 2013 | 5:47 AM
CF Beginner

Where do I find the DTC codes? Is the the same as a CEL code?
Old February 21st, 2013 | 8:10 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by Ndiehm
I've been reading other posts on here but can't seem to find an answer. Like I've said before this is my first American car and is new to me. My cruise control doesn't work. The on/off switch on the steering wheel comes on but it will not activate. I looked for the fuse but couldn't find it, so if someone could direct me there I'd like to check it first. All my brake lights work so I don't think its due to a faulty stop lamp. Any help is appreciated. If its the brake switch I'm not sure what I'd be looking for, so any links would help. Thanks a bunch everyone
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Ndiehm,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle.

Cruise control does not work at speeds below about 25 mph.

If your vehicle has the StabiliTrak system and begins to limit wheel spin while you are using cruise control, the cruise control will automatically disengage.

Cruise control will not work if your parking brake is set, or if the master cylinder brake fluid level is low.

Additional possible causes for cruise control to become inoperative are an issue with the Master Cylinder Pressure sensor or wiring/terminals. These are just suggestions and are not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend having the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for an official diagnosis and repair option(s).

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 26th, 2013 | 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Does anyone else have any suggestions other than taking it to a dealer? I use forums so I don't have to pay high diagnostic fees. Thanks in advance
Old February 26th, 2013 | 8:44 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ndiehm
Where do I find the DTC codes? Is the the same as a CEL code?
The connector to connect the scanner to is located under the dash to the left of the steering column.