Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Is this a difference?

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2007, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a difference?

Hello guys, new member here, I'm considering upgrading to a 2007 Tahoe (black on black) LTZ. However I have a question before I do and wondering if you guys can help me with this question. Is there a difference between an LTZ and an LT-3?

Heres what I come up with, I cant see any difference in the outside apperence, I found a black on black tahoe LT-3 for 41,000 is has every option except for the entertainment system, but it does have NAV and Camera. Anyway a new LTZ loaded out I can purchase for 45,000 and that 45,000 is after the discounts. the LT-3 stickers at 41,000 and can be bought for 35,800 with just about the same options and it includes the 20 polished wheels as well. The LT-3 is equiped with just about every option the LTZ has, but the price difference is signifigant.

I'm just curious if I'm missing something here, the 2 trucks are identical sitting side by side, and outside the fact that there are a few minor options missing most of the good stuff is all there.

Is there a difference in the suspension outside of the 20'wheels?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 26th, 2007, 9:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is this a difference?

Depending on the production dates there may be more or less differences. The Autoride suspension is standard on the LTZ and not the LT3. I have a link to follow to compare the packages.

The latest production LTZs have a few standard options not found on the LT3- exterior chrome upper mirrors,handles, grille. Interior woodgrain cup holder area etc.

The other significant ones are rainsense wipers/heated washer fluid, power liftgate, second row powerfold split bench check for yourself.

The window sticker of each should help you see the $4+K difference. Do the options seem worth that much TO YOU, is the question.

I prefer th LT3 with added options over the LTZ. Mainly due to appearance changes they inroduced lately.

http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe/features/
Old May 26th, 2007, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

I'm not crazy about chrome they added , but thats just me, and the autoride would be cool but not having it wouldnt stop me from saving almost 10,000.

Besides cosmetics is there a difference from the LTZ to an LT-3. ok and besides the autoride which I could careless about. do the trucks sit the same or is one higer off the ground or lower? are there different suspenion somponants from one to the other. I was told the autoride was an option, so if that info os correct is there a major difference between the 2 again beside cosmetics?

From comparing the 2 yesterday I couldnt see anything, but then again I was in a rush and could have missed something.
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

I think the Autoride is about the only thing you get on the LTZ that's not available as an option on the others. Black/black is great, love mine but be advised as others will tell you, you will spend lots of free time keeping it clean. Buy a California Duster and some Meguiars Quik Detailer.
Old May 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there must be something missing because a loaded LT3 with added LTZ features should be about the same $$$ as a standard LTZ. I have an early build LTZ and it was about the same price as the loaded LT3 that I was comparing to at the time. Maybe it has changed?

The LTZ comes with all the standard features of a LT3 plus the following
[ul][*]Differential: automatic locking rear, heavy-duty[*]Door: rear, power liftgate/liftglass with wiper/washer[*]Seats: second-row, 60/40 split-folding with power-release feature[*]Seats: third-row, 50/50 two-passenger split-bench[*]Suspension: Autoride, includes bi-state variable shock damping and rear, air-assisted load leveling[*]Windshield washer fluid system, heated[*]Wipers, intermittent, front: Rainsense[*]20" Polished Aluminum Wheels
[/ul]

If you are going to load up an LT3 with all the added options, I would get the LTZ because they should be more or less the same amount of $$$, but if you just want a few extra options and dont care about the autoride suspension go with the LT3. The one feature that came standard with my LTZ (Optional on LT3) that I did not think I would use that much is the power liftgate. If you get an LT3 I would strongly suggest adding the power liftgate ($300 if I remember correctly) it comes in very handy especially when you hands are full. Good Luck
Old May 26th, 2007, 8:38 PM
CF Beginner

hi i got lt3 which hadmsrp price of 49k and i paid 42k for it. mine came with everything. there shouldnt be big price difference between ltz and lt3 if you get the loaded ones..
Old May 26th, 2007, 11:37 PM
CF Beginner

I had searched high and low for a decent deal, and at 1st glance when I saw this tahoe I was a little skeptical, once I went over all the options it has and doesnt have, and after comparing the LTZ and this LT-3 9special package for 41,000 and change I couldnt go wrong and after they discounted it I walk away paying 35,000 and change. I still find it amazin there offering this truck at this price with what it has in it. Hence making me a little curious as to why. I first thought it was some kind of mis print. I almost didnt want to say anything and bring more attention to it, but I had to ask the General sales manager why is this truck so much cheaper. His said it was a special package truck and showed me his paperwork from Gm with the options and it did say special pakage, and trust me it was paperwork the dealer made up. Hence why I wanted the opinion from you guys as to what the difference was between the 2 vehicles.I forgot to add that the NAV and leather are being added after the fact, the truck didnt come thru with it, the dealer is installing factory Nav and adding aftermarket leather. Also no sun roof.

I currently have a black on grey leather 2001 tahoe I have had it for 3 year and 75,000 miles later it still serves me well. The wife says keep the one we have but I love the look of the new one especially the black on black one, so here goes out with the old and in with the new.

I'm supposed to get it on tuesday, if all goes well I will post some photos
Old May 27th, 2007, 2:10 AM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: IBEW103

I forgot to add that the NAV and leather are being added after the fact, the truck didnt come thru with it, the dealer is installing factory Nav and adding aftermarket leather. Also no sun roof.
You need to look into this a little more. Leather is standard from the factory on all LT3 models. If it does not come with leather, it would lead to believe that its a LT1. I could be wrong, but it would explain the big price difference. Also check to see if it has side curtain airbags - if it does not or the sticker shows it as an additional option, then that would be another sign its not a LT3.

Normally if a deal sounds too good to be true (Especially from a Car dealer)then there is most likely a catch. Good Luck.
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

OK went by the dealer to check this out, in looking at the paperwork the have you would be correct it is not an LT-3, the salesman said it was, the manager said it's an LT with a special package, the Gm paperwork does reflect such it does say LT with special option package. I hear ya about the if it sounds to good to be true it usually is, hence my being apprehensive about it.

However it does have side airbags curtians.

Heres what it does have that i know of I dont have the paperwork in front of me, I forgot to ask for a copy.

Black on black cloth
20 inch polished wheels (like the LTZ)
parking sensors
adjustable pedals
traction control
Side impact curtains
bench seats in rear and 3rd row
Chrome grille insert\

Thats off the top of my head from what I remember,now what its doesnt have is

Leather,nav,bose,moonroof,autoride,auto tailgate,rear camera, chrome package,auto fold down seats

Now for the price its stickers at 41,000 and change the dealer is letting it go for 35,000 and change and they are installing the nav and rear camera, leather int.

Now when all is said and done, no I wont end up with all the bells and whistles but the truck does in almost everyway look like a LTZ. from the out side and 1st glance inside it would appear that way as well.

However now that I know its just and LT with some added options from the factory ie being the rims/airbags/ parking sensors/and whatever else I'm forgetting.

Knowing this is there a difference in an LT and ltz in the ride or suspension? ie being ride hieght/shocks/ brakes and any other of the like.

If you park both vehicles side by side they appear ( I stress the word appear) to be the same height and sit the same, I drove both and from what I see the 5.3 is the 5.3 I didnt see any difference in performance, as far as ride went I didnt see any difference either however that doesnt mean there isnt one, and I just didnt pick up on it.

What is your opinion on this deal? I look at it this way if they ride the same and the safety features are the same and the only difference is cosmetics and toys then I'm gonna go for it. Considering the $ difference and what the dealer is adding

Whenit comes to auto lift gate I'm not old enough that I open it on my own and as far as some of the other creature comforts I think I can deal with the fact they maybe manually operated rather than automated.

My thinking is all tahoes are equal for the most part from the factory, with the exception of creature comforts. that being said I DO NOT trust car dealers and salesman. I do trust more so guys like you guys who are car/truck enthusists like myself,hence the question in the first place.

A car dealer is going to tell me whatever I want to hear to sell me his car, including telling me the otherday he's making little to no money on my deal, I could not help laughing in his face.Those guys are jokes, but they have a product I want so I must tolerate them for the moment.

Anyway now knowing the truck is an LT is there a difference between the LTZ and the LT again as far as the suspension and basics of the vehicle

Old May 27th, 2007, 11:32 AM
CF Veteran

IBEW103,
Nothing wrong with an LT1 or LS for that matter, as long as you know what you are paying for. You are right they are basically the same functionally (As long as you get the 5.3 motor), the different packages are safety (Sounds like your has the added safety/side airbags) and creature comforts (which are a luxury and not a neccesity, but you have ad nav, camera) and a few cosmetic features (Yours will have the 20" wheels so they will appear very similar). With all that, I say you are on the right track if you want to save as much $$$ as possible. As long as you get a good deal , the truck you are looking at is going to be very nice.

Suspension is different than the LTZ (Autoride only), but from what I read (I could not tell a difference on my test drives before I purchased mine) here is probably does not make a big difference unless you tow alot.

Here is the formula I use to guage if you are getting a good deal.
MSRP - (10%) = Invoice (Its actually 9.something % off MSRP)
Subtract rebates and cash incentives (Currently in my area $2000 rebate +$1000 cash incentive)
add install of leather, nav, and backup camera.

From my calculation, it appears your deal appears good (Disclaimer: I have not seen your sticker (I am not sure if the nav, camera, leather were included in your stated MSRP), so my assumption could be wrong)

I am glad you came to the forum to cross check stuff, we all do it and it can save you. Post some pics when you pick up whatever tahoe you decide to get.

Quick Reply: Is this a difference?