Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Is this a difference?

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2007, 9:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is this a difference?

You've been mislead once on this deal. If you want an accurate opinon on the deal get us the sticker or at least copy the options down before you pull the trigger.
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are great, I appreciate the help, and yes I already thought of calling the dealer to have the list of options faxed to me. The leather and nav/camera are not in the MSRP, those are optins I definitly wanted and worked into the deal. The dealer is installing the factory nav/camera and there sending it out to have the leather installed, which I was hoping I could have some in put as to what kind of leather seating they plan on instaling and possibly get something really nice put in. Not a priority but just a thought, my main concern is that the numbers the manager was throwing at me the other day STAY they same on tuesday when they put the financing thru. This dealer is a high pressure type dealership, and in my opinion they would sell there souls for a deal. I think I have a good handle on it but time will tell. I dealt with dealers who have said one thing then found some way to up the cost later on in the game, if they pull that **** then they can stick it up there *** other than that I'm in.

I'm on www.thedieselplace.com forum I havent posted in awhile but I asked those guys for a tahoe site and this is the direction they sent me to, again good advice from the guys over there and I do appreciate your help you guys have been great. I had an 2006 chevy diesel ext cab which I recently traded for a minivan for the wife, trust me that hurt, it still stings to talk about it,LOL. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do right, hey atleast thats what they tell me anyway. But I'm glad I came across this site and plan to be here for awhile, I no longer have my diesel but even if this deal for the 07 doesnt go thru I still have my 01 tahoe, which has been great for the past 3 years, she's just getting up there in milage, 75,000 miles on her, so time for a new one.
Old May 28th, 2007, 2:01 AM
Sam
CF Beginner

I don't think the deal sounds great. Good maybe... I was able to get $10K off MSRP on my '07 LTZ Suburban.
Get the VIN and RPO list and really compare apples to apples.

Good luck with your purchase. And you are correct- This forum is a great resource.

-Sam
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

You can always go to the Chevy web site and price out various trucks and option packages. One thing you can always count on is that the there will make money on the deal.
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 73shark
One thing you can always count on is that the there will make money on the deal.
So true
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

OK here it is this is the vehicle, I dont see the side impact air bags like the salesman said, the dealer called me today to comfirm I'm allset with the financing and to make an appointment to sit down and do the final paperwork. I'm having my doubts now, becuase I know they have a LTZ black on black with all the bells and whistles in it, and it has 3,000 miles on it. but they want 46,000 for it, but a brand new one he'll sell me for 46 doesnt make sense to me. There claiming its a demo and never registered so there selling like its a new one. Thats fine with me but it still has 3,000 miles on it registered or not, its still used to me. New to me is maybe,maybe a no more than 300 miles, thats my idea of new.

Anyway I said I would get the info on the one I was thinking about buying,you guys tell me what you think,here it is:

Print Window Sticker [hr] HERB CHAMBERS CHEVROLET BUICK PONTIAC
90 ANDOVER ST
DANVERS, MA 01923-1429 Phone: (978) 774-8255 Fax: (978) 774-3103 [/ul] 2007 Tahoe 4WD [*]VORTEC 5.3L V8 SFI FLEX FUEL W/ ACTIVE FUEL MGT TECHNOLOGY[*]4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION[*]Black Exterior Color[*]EBONY VIN: 1GNFK13087J346265[/ul] [*]MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE[*] $38,545.00 STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE [/ul] [*]Options installed by Manufacturer[*] SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGE:
REAR PARKING ASSIST
POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS
2 PASS REMOVABLE 3RD ROW SEAT
SIDE CURTAIN AIRBAGS
DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
20" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
BRIGHT CHROME GRILLE
(RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS APPLY,
SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS)
[*] 3-PASSENGER, 3RD ROW SEAT
[*] SPECIAL EDITION PKG DISCOUNT
[*] TAHOE LT1 EQUIPMENT GROUP
[*] GVW RATING - 7,300 LBS
[*] REAR AXLE - 3.73 RATIO
[*] $1,840.00 TOTAL OPTIONS[*] $40,385.00 TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS[*] $900.00 DESTINATION CHARGE $41,285.00 TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE* [/ul] [hr] STANDARD EQUIPMENTItems Featured Below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the Standard Vehicle Price Shown at Right[/ul] *** SAFETY ***[*] AIR BAGS, DUAL FRONTAL[*] PASSENGER SENSING SYSTEM[*] 1 YR ONSTAR SAFE & SOUND (ASK DEALER ABOUT TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION UPGRADE)[*] ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM, 4 WHEEL DISC[*] STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL[*] THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM[*] RR DOOR CHILD SECURITY LOCKS[*] PWR DOOR LOCKS, PROGRAMMABLE[*] PWR WINDOWS-DRIVER EXPRESS DN[*] DRIVER LOCKOUT PREVENTION[*] REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY[*] TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR[*] DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS *** MECHANICAL ***[*] ENGINE 5.3L VORTEC V8 WITH ACTIVE FUEL MANAGEMENT & FLEX-FUEL CAPABILITY[*] TRANSMISSION, 4 SPEED AUTO WITH TOW/HAUL MODE[*] PREM. SMOOTH RIDE SUSPENSION[*] AUTOTRAC TRANSFER CASE[*] DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER *** INTERIOR ***[*] SEATS, FRONT BUCKET, CLOTH[*] 2ND ROW 60/40 BENCH, CLOTH[*] REAR AUDIO SOUND SYSTEM CTRLS[*] PWR SEAT ADJUST, DRIVER 6-WAY[*] MANUAL TRI-ZONE AIR COND[*] AUX REAR HEAT & AIR COND[*] AM/FM STEREO WITH CD/MP3[*] XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.[*] TILT STEERING WHEEL[*] CRUISE CONTROL[*] FLOOR MATS, 1ST & 2ND ROW[*] INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR - WITH AUTO DIMMING, COMPASS & TEMP[*] VISOR MIRRORS, LIGHTED *** EXTERIOR ***[*] ASSIST STEPS[*] TRAILERING EQUIP, HEAVY-DUTY[*] 17" ALUMINUM WHEELS[*] UNDERBODY MOUNTED SPARE TIRE[*] LUGGAGE RACK-SIDE RAILS[*] REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER & WIPER[*] LIFTGATE / LIFTGLASS[*] SOLAR-RAY DEEP TINTED GLASS[*] FRONT FOG LAMPS[*] AUTOMATIC HEADLAMPS[*] POWER HEATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS [/ul] close window[/align] [/align] var s_prop9="window_sticker";
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good. Your missing the power lift gate, power mirrors (ext) and automatic 3 zone climate controls but you have just about everything else it seems. I am surprised they are adding Nav and camera for that price too. They require the Bose amp etc and your vehicle doesn't have that. Make sure it's ALL on there before you settle.
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

No much to disapointment, and laying into the finace manager and then the salesmanager they where adding the nav but charging me for 3,000 to the sticker. In the end I still thought it wasnt a bad deal so I went along with it, but like I said I'm having second thoughts because of LTZ I saw and some other Lt-3 I noticed he had of the saem color with more options than mine and priced considerbly lower than the LTZ.

I called another dealer today and found that the nav system is 2,600 with all the parts to install, this dealer started telling it was 3,500. I told him he was nuts, and he came down to 3,000.

I dont know alot of smoke and mirrors with this dealer is really starting to jade me. I want a new tahoe but this is getting ridiculous. I may just tell him to go pound sand tommorrow, and find one somewhere else.

Tahoe07: if they need to add the bose amp and the vehicle doesnt come with bose speakers couldnt that pose a problem down the road ie blowing the speakers due to the added power, if they were not designed to handle it?
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:40 PM
CF Veteran

IBEW103,
The more you tell us about this dealer the more I think you should run, not walk away.

Remember you are in the drivers seat (There are plenty of Tahoes for sale). Dont ever feel like you have to go for the first deal. I walked out of the first dealer I went to because they started the smoke and mirrors crap.

Go to edmunds.com to get actual invoice pricing and to find incentives and rebates. You should be able to get invoice price MINUS an additional discount for rebates/incentives. The other thing to think about as well if you go with your cureent deal, when you go to trade that LT1 down the road it will be worth less than an LTZ or LT3 even though it will be comparibly equiped. Take Tahoe07's advice and get yourself a LT3 and then come back here and we will teach how to get nav and camera installed for less than $1500.

If you need additional help with negotiating email me throught this forum and I will be glad to walk you through the paces.
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:42 PM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: 73shark
You can always go to the Chevy web site and price out various trucks and option packages.
Great advice as well. The website is www.gmbuypower.com

Quick Reply: Is this a difference?