Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dimming rear view mirror tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2012, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dimming rear view mirror tahoe

Hello everybody and thanks for all the great job you guys put in this forum.I just purchase a Chevrolet Tahoe 2000 with a 5.3 engine LS 4x4 and 170.000 km.The best truck I ever had so far.I just love it.But my rear view mirror, the one inside have only one green light working on the right and the other on the left doesn't work.So my dimming function is not working at all.The compass and the temperature works fine and I also have defroster in my outside mirrors.So I replace the inside mirror with another two used ones and still not having this green led light "on" the left and the dimming function not operating.I check the owners manual, fuses, and other stuff but nothing yet.Sorry about my english is not to good to explain more about my issue.I will appreciate any help.What else I can do?
Old March 11th, 2012, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Still not working

New to the forum, are you still having the same issue with your rear view mirror?
Old March 12th, 2012, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default dimming mirror

Originally Posted by ChickenGeorge
New to the forum, are you still having the same issue with your rear view mirror?
Hello.Yes I still having this problem with my dimming mirror.I got one answer telling me "you know is a power button there'...but nothing.I have two buttons: one for the compass and the second for the temperature mode (F/C). I change twice this mirror, all I have left is to check my fuses.I did check the entire book looking for this information, but I did not find it.The funny think is I am a GM tech working in a dealership and I am lost...hahahaa.., part because I haven't spent more time on this issue.Thanks for your interes and I hope you know if this inside rear mirror come with the "sensor" built in the mirror or is in somewhere else...I notice with other Tahoes when you turn your key to ignition or accesorie the green light on the left turn "on" but not on my truck.I do have two green lights but only the right side works, not the left side.If you have any idea I'll appreciate your help.Have a great day..!