Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Do I just need to suck it up and get used to it???

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2018, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I just need to suck it up and get used to it???

With 265k on my '08 Yukon XL, I finally bit the bullet and bought a 2017 Suburban LT with 34k miles. Obviously I loved my Yukon, but dang, this Suburban has a few things that are bugging me bad.

1. The seat doesn't have nearly the same adjustment range as the Yukon. Either the previous owner was a 400 lb'er and ***-molded a crater, or it just doesn't have the same amount of rear-up or front down tilt. I guess I could get a cushion... I've thought about loosening the 4 retaining bolts and shimming the rear 2. Bad idea?

2. The side mirrors are friggin tiny. Do aftermarket mirrors exist with more vertical surface?

3. It idles at ~500 RPM, and runs rough at low speeds. On the other hand, at 70MPH, my Yukon ran @ 2000RPM, and this thing is barely touching 1500. The dealer said there was nothing wrong, these just idle low. I did get a new battery under warranty though. Fuel saving measures I suppose?

Old December 16th, 2018, 5:22 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

. It idles at ~500 RPM, and runs rough at low speeds. On the other hand, at 70MPH, my Yukon ran @ 2000RPM, and this thing is barely touching 1500. The dealer said there was nothing wrong, these just idle low. I did get a new battery under warranty though. Fuel saving measures I suppose?
Dealer is full of crap.
Old December 16th, 2018, 9:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

the low rpm at cruise is for your mpg...you probably had a 6 speed in the old one...whats the new trans 9 or 10 speed?

most trucks I see nowadays idle around 600- 650rpm..ie dodges. Its all pcm controlled...not sure what your spec should be.

you could probably buy a ungraded seat...for $4000....just the leather seat covers alone are $1200