Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DVD/cd player not functioning

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2019, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD/cd player not functioning

In 2015 we bought a 2014 suburban ltz with a Bose system with DVD player and all the works. It was used and had 40,000+ miles on it so out of warranty. The CD/DVD player quit about 1.5 years after we bought it. We had just adopted our 3 nephews and the DVD player was a big option we wanted to keep them content on long drives. I went to the local dealer/GM repair and they would replace it for $1700+. They offered to do it for $1200+ (possibly manufacturer offer) when I brought up the fact it was only about 3 years old and the sound and video system has nothing to do with mileage. We couldn't afford either one of those prices so it's been out of commission since. I sent a letter to Chevrolet/GM customer service recently and got a call back and of course they "can't" do anything about it. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what you may have done about it. I know it's been some time but I'm just shooting from the hip with ideas and they don't come quickly. I purposely buy American but I'm getting more and more frustrated with the quality of products and commitment from American companies. Any help would be appreciated.
Gary