Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

electric air horn instal and wiring???

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2015, 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric air horn instal and wiring???

Okay... so i have never in my life attempted to wire anything in my vehicle, but i love projects and can pretty much handle anything from plumbing to electircal home wiring.... however.... i can not seem to find my freakn 2007 suburban stock horn?? or at least the wire from the fuse box???
I got one of those little air horn kits with a little mini compressor to instal. I have the perfect open area for the horn and compressor instal but when it comes to wiring up the 30amp relay (yes i will have a 25amp hanging fuse in line as well).... i cant find any of the stock horn wires to attach to the new relay so that i can utilize the existing steering wheel horn . HElp please..... any words of advice or ideas....
Old January 10th, 2015, 6:49 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I did that on my '01, don't know if the other platforms are different from the 2000-2006 trucks.

There are two horns, one behind each fog light. Easiest to access from under the front of the truck. I inserted a tap onto one of the wires, and ran that up into the engine bay. I installed the horns and compressor in the aux battery tray on the passenger side up against the firewall. Make sure you use plenty of dielectric grease on your connections.