Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Encoder ring

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2015, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Encoder ring

I have a 2006 Tahoe and the 4 wheel drive was jumping from 2 wheel to 4 wheel auto and then it would get stuck periodically so my first thought was the switch on the dash. I ordered a doorman replaced the switch and it stayed the same so my switch must have been OK. I then order the encoder ring and replaced it last night because i talked to my dealer and they said they have replaced a ton of them, that it was a common problem. It works better now but today it did jump from 2 wheel to auto 4 wheel again , is there something that needs to be reset ? My next move will be to change the differential actuator , i can change all these parts for less than i can go to the dealer and have them do just one of these jobs. So my question is , is there anything that needs to be reset after changing out the encoder ring before i go further ? Thanks