Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Erroneous speedometer when 2wd selected

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2016 | 2:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default Erroneous speedometer when 2wd selected

Hello everyone,
new to the forums and having an issue with my 07 suburban (185k miles, 4wd, 1500, 5.3 V8 flex).
I had the transmission rebuilt recently and it seems since then my speedometer is acting up when 2wd is selected (meaning it will show me going 40 mph while I'm at 70 mph according to my GPS and also obviously to my sense of speed and tells me to "service 4wd" and it will reset if I switch it off let it sit a minute nd then restarts it) took it back but they said it is unrelated and that my transmission is perfectly fine which it does feel ok and shifts relatively smooth. the thing is that the truck will be rough due to different brand tires between the front and the back and the computer will recognize that when on auto dr and makes it shake and act up. but when on 2wd which used to fix that problem now it revs high on freeway when at high speed because it thinks I'm going slower. I live in los angeles where 4wd experts are hard to find anyone who had the same problem or onows what the solution is?
your help is greatly appreciated .

many thanks in advance

Last edited by Highmileagetruck; October 29th, 2016 at 2:11 AM.
Old October 29th, 2016 | 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

have the vehicle scanned for dtc. post the codes here.
how recent was the rebuild?
there are speed sensors in the transmission and tcase