Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Escalade roof rack end caps...

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2008, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Escalade roof rack end caps...

Well after dealing with GMPARTSDIRECT, GM stop selling the esky luggage rails separately and now im stuck with brand new chrome rails and NO end caps. I called GM and they said that they only sell the rails as a kit. Ive search every scrap yard here in VA and no one has escalades in there lot. Ive tried a generic search through the web and no luck. Ebay and craiglist= no luck! so im reaching out to the forum now and pray Fully someone have some end caps i can buy. Im about to go ballistic.
I cant believe GMPARTDIRECT.com would send me the rails without the end caps. Ive emailed them and they have provided no response yet. I hope i can return it to them. If not ill be stuck with rails and no caps....unless someone have some for sale.
Old February 17th, 2009, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default What was the part number you ordered?

I was about to order the rails from gmpartsdirect myself but see that they dont accept returns on this part so was wondering which you had ordered that came without the end caps. I was told that the Rail "kit" was part numbers 25996380 (left) and 25996381 (right). Any help would be appreciated, hope yours worked out in some way.
Old February 18th, 2009, 1:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They DO have the end caps. You just have to specify each part when you're ordering this kit. When you look at the diagram, you should see the end caps. For this roof rack conversion, you HAVE to order EVERY part in the diagram. If I remember correctly, they're eighteen bucks each.
Old February 18th, 2009, 6:23 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got my rack last month from the dealer all the parts were separate.
Old February 18th, 2009, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Interesting, my dealer insisted that the rails had recently been "redesigned" and were now available in a kit that included the rail and two end caps (per side). I was just trying to save a hundred bucks plus tax by getting them online. I'll go ahead and order everything in the diagram as suggested, even though the website doesnt stand behind the catalog either. Thanks for the info.