Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

exhaust 07

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2007 | 8:09 PM
Administrator

Default RE: exhaust 07

Did you just run with open dumps under the truck or plumb it into a muffler?

The cats muffle quite a bit but miss the lo freqs and really drone at hiway speeds.

P_RsTahoe: Sounds great!
Old February 3rd, 2007 | 8:21 PM
CF Active Member

Thanks...
Old February 3rd, 2007 | 8:59 PM
CF Active Member

I have a custom Magna Flow on my 07 and I agree that unless you completely stomp on it that its not that loud at all inside the car. My fiancee rides with me all the time and she has a 2 year old son and neither of them are bothered by the noise.
Old February 3rd, 2007 | 9:25 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: jophilpott

I have a custom Magna Flow on my 07 and I agree that unless you completely stomp on it that its not that loud at all inside the car. My fiancee rides with me all the time and she has a 2 year old son and neither of them are bothered by the noise.
Exactly, you said Fiancee. Wait till your married, she'll tell you to rip that thing off and how much she has hated it since you got it.
Old February 3rd, 2007 | 9:32 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Did you just run with open dumps under the truck or plumb it into a muffler?

The cats muffle quite a bit but miss the lo freqs and really drone at hiway speeds.
Shark,

That DMH cutout is a good set up. The owners name is Dave, and he is a great guy. He would give us forum group pricing if we could get a certain number of buyers. I would consider putting it on my Tahoe, but I would have to hear one on the 07's first.

On my dodge ram hemi trucks I put the cutout on the 100% stock exhaust systems. Right before the muffler. That way I had stock quiet for the wife and kids, and loud as hell for myself. It sounded very good. I told myself that I would put a cutout on again if I ever waned exhaust! I loved it. It sounded very good on the hemi, I also had an AEM CAI. So it was opened on both ends!
Old February 4th, 2007 | 3:05 AM
CF Active Member

Ok Eddie,
Next week hopefully I will be getting the magna flow. I hope it sounds good.
Thx Darren
Old February 4th, 2007 | 3:05 AM
CF Active Member

Sounds great, I have a magnaflow exhaust as well. Good sound, but on long trips there is noise in the cab not bad if your in the front but a drone in the rear. I am thinking of getting the dynamat installed to deaden the sound more.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3281/9F5CC840689147338B2FEF14E2CE22F0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3281/05FB843B6CB3458D8098B8779ECA75D5.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 4th, 2007 | 1:35 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

ORIGINAL: jophilpott

Exactly, you said Fiancee. Wait till your married, she'll tell you to rip that thing off and how much she has hated it since you got it.
LOL...the Ho is my daily driver so when she's in it, its because she needs me to haul something that won't fit in her car etc, so she has to put up with it...besides I AM THE MAN OF THE HOUSE....uh oh I think she was looking over my shoulder when I typed that

It's seriously not that loud, and the sound deadening idea would certainly help out as well.
Old February 4th, 2007 | 1:49 PM
CF Active Member

Darren, I think you will like it. I personally put exhaust on all my vehicles. I've had Mac, flowmaster and Magnaflow. I think magnaflow is the best for these trucks. Flowmasters sound a little too loud. I like the flows on my cobra .

Darkone, is that the catback system or did you weld the muffler and tip? Your tip is different than mine. Mine is kind of oval.

Yeah, supposedly this is the wifes truck and I have the cobra. However my wife is a stay at home mom and she hardly drives it. I drive it all the time. She doesnt mind the exhaust at all. She didnt like the intake in my previous truck. You could really hear that inside. So I'm thinking on just doing a filter.

Landon, what you decide on the lowering kit? I want to see your truck lowered...
Old February 4th, 2007 | 6:49 PM
CF Addict

Eddie,
I have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday at the local shop. It didnt end up working out that I could do it. The location we were going to put the kit on and the closest alignment shop were to far apart.

SHould have it done Tuesday/Wednesay! Anything I need to tell my guys at the shop???

Tuesday is off. Probably going to wait a while to lower it! To many reason to list! HAHA

Quick Reply: exhaust 07