Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

exhaust 07

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2007 | 7:07 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: exhaust 07

It is not the whole stainless steel system, but the muffler is magnaflow with a black chrome tip. Of course there is no resonator to help deaden the noise. I have also had a dual exhaust on my F250 flowmaster and was not bad b/c the cab was further away from the exit. Now that the exit is just under the cab it is louder. The only thing that they said was to put the dynamat to help deaden the sound. I used to have a mustang as well and the same goes for the noise, but hey it was a mustang it's suppose to sound like that.
Old February 4th, 2007 | 7:31 PM
CF Active Member

Landon,
If you are getting it done at a shop, they should know what they are doing. Just know that your big wheels will rub a little. Can you take messurements on level ground from the center of your fender to the ground all around before and after. I'm curious as to what is the actual drop. I think my rear came down more than 3". Thanks..
Old February 4th, 2007 | 7:55 PM
CF Active Member

Hey Landon,
Make sure they dont cut your bottom ball joint bolt like the instructions tell them to. Its only needed if you have certain 17" rims. Yours are bigger so its no problem. Just in case you ever want to go back to stock, everything will look the same.
Darren
Old February 4th, 2007 | 8:09 PM
CF Active Member

Hey Guys. I am running the Corsa Touring System: http://www.corsaperf.com/2007_tahoe-yukon.htm
It works and sounds great! Quiet when cruising, but when you mash down on the gas, it starts screaming...
Email me for more details or for pricing from SMM Performance, sales@smmenterprises.com We can get ALL the systems, especially the Magnaflow, AT SUPER CHEAP PRICING...
Old February 4th, 2007 | 8:42 PM
CF Addict

Scott,I am interested in this Super Cheap magnaflow system. I hope your super cheap is the same as mine!

Eddie, my guy who will do the kit, and myself looked at the setup. We just cant see where and how my tires would rub. We talked about it and looked, and I mentioned how some peoples do rub. WE cant see where it would. Maybe my offset being +31 wont create any rubbing issues? Can you guys show me where on yours it rubbed/is rubbing? Picture or explain so I know where to look or where I can have them heat and beat on it??? I hope it doesnt rub, I wont be able to handle it. My wife will also kill me. Eddie, I will measure it for you.

Darren,
I will tell them not to cut the bolt, but it would need to be cut if i would put on stock 17's, correct? If I cut the bolt, are you saying it is a bolt that would be needed if I go back to factory height?

Would you guys say it changed your ride significantly? A lot rougher??? Having 24's drastically changed the ride quality and I was wondering how much worse this will make it?

As for this lock tite. I went and looked for some just in case the shop didnt have any. I have never used it. It seems there are tons of it, Lowes had 100's, and autostores had several different ones. Exactly what am I looking for, is it a must???
Old February 4th, 2007 | 8:47 PM
CF Active Member

Hi. See the Magnaflow system here: http://shop.smmenterprises.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=510956
Old February 4th, 2007 | 8:48 PM
CF Active Member

The directions say on some 17"s the bolt will hit. Remember your wheel will now be 2" closer to the bottom ball joint bolt.I think you could still put it back stock if its cut, but people will be able to look and see its cut. You know how people are if you go to sell it. People wont believe you on why its cut and think something major is wrong with the suspension.

ORIGINAL: biglg

Scott,I am interested in this Super Cheap magnaflow system. I hope your super cheap is the same as mine!

Eddie, my guy who will do the kit, and myself looked at the setup. We just cant see where and how my tires would rub. We talked about it and looked, and I mentioned how some peoples do rub. WE cant see where it would. Maybe my offset being +31 wont create any rubbing issues? Can you guys show me where on yours it rubbed/is rubbing? Picture or explain so I know where to look or where I can have them heat and beat on it??? I hope it doesnt rub, I wont be able to handle it. My wife will also kill me. Eddie, I will measure it for you.

Darren,
I will tell them not to cut the bolt, but it would need to be cut if i would put on stock 17's, correct? If I cut the bolt, are you saying it is a bolt that would be needed if I go back to factory height?

Would you guys say it changed your ride significantly? A lot rougher??? Having 24's drastically changed the ride quality and I was wondering how much worse this will make it?

As for this lock tite. I went and looked for some just in case the shop didnt have any. I have never used it. It seems there are tons of it, Lowes had 100's, and autostores had several different ones. Exactly what am I looking for, is it a must???
Old February 4th, 2007 | 8:53 PM
CF Addict

That is a good point. I have just considered putting on factory 17's in the winters. So I thought I might just have the shop cut it down. But if it is a stock part, not a part that comes off with the kit I wont have them do it. Thanks for the heads up.

Where are/did you guys rubbbbbb?
Old February 4th, 2007 | 9:06 PM
CF Active Member

Landon, it rubbed inside the rear fender. Both on the front and rear of the tire. You most likely will have to trim the balck plastic peice. I beleive the instructions say that if you do use 17" or larger wheels you wont need to cut the bolt. About the locktite, I used blue..
Old February 5th, 2007 | 12:16 AM
CF Active Member

how about super cheap price on the Superchips Flashpaq? Went to the website, but couldn't find the product thru your website Scott. help me.

Quick Reply: exhaust 07