Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Is factory Nav without Bose possible???

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2007, 1:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is factory Nav without Bose possible???

I have a 07 Tahoe LT without the Bose system....Just wondering if anyone knows if and how you can install a factory nav in my truck
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is factory Nav without Bose possible???

https://chevroletforum.com/m_21824/mpage_2/tm.htm. Looks like a no go
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:06 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: c21sam

I have a 07 Tahoe LT without the Bose system....Just wondering if anyone knows if and how you can install a factory nav in my truck
Anything is possible - just a question of difficulty level. As I understand it the primary challenge facing your configuration is the lack of the Bose power amplifier as if you research this subject in other threads you will learn that the NAV unit apparently lacks an onboard speaker level amplifier (i.e., it only has preamp outputs). If you really want to pursue this here are the items you would need to research: (I assume that you have bucket seats and a console)
1. Your LT unit will have only a C1 and C2 connector for the current radio. These connectors carry both speaker level and low level (preamp out) signals (research the connector pin signals in other threads). Pull your radio and look at the wire locations in the connectors - are there wires in the positions that correspond to the low level signals?
2. If so then you need to determine if your console harness is prewired for the bose amp; if so, then hunt for one on ebay. Or, you could always custom wire a power amp to the C1 & C2 conectors (you can get connector pins for C1>C4from JP Customs)
3. All you really need electrically for NAV to work are the C1 and C2connectors (and 1 wire off the C4 for the VSS connection). So if you want to take a chance and pick up a NAV unit off ebay (prices have come down considerably over the last few months) you will definitely have a unit that will power up & NAV will work, but you may not have any sound until you address the amplifier issue with either an OEM Bose add or a custom wired power amp.
Old June 18th, 2007, 6:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Hmm, i guess this is a mixed report...from the sticky it seems there are some guys reporting success but with low volume..
so to the Guys who have installed there OEM NAV without bose,can you post the steps, what is required, what aftermarket AMP did you use, etc
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CaMs

Hmm, i guess this is a mixed report...from the sticky it seems there are some guys reporting success but with low volume..
so to the Guys who have installed there OEM NAV without bose,can you post the steps, what is required, what aftermarket AMP did you use, etc
Here is one that is for sale https://chevroletforum.com/m_33039/tm.htm
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:19 AM
CF Junior Member

thanks for the link, but it looks like it was sold already...

anyone have a guide to follow,or pics on how you got this going

Old August 2nd, 2007, 8:48 PM
CF Junior Member

I had one installed on my LS and it was not Bose equipped.Just did the JPC "add an amp" wiring harness, plugged it in, and it works perfectly.