Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

First big trip in the 07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2006, 2:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First big trip in the 07 Tahoe

Just got back from our first big road trip in the Tahoe. San Jose to Anaheim, CA (Disneyland) and then back again. Even drove to Hollywood and Beverly Hills and around there on one of our "rest days from Disneyland". Total tip was 900 miles on the trip meter. Average mileage was 18 mpg (I had the cruise control set at 76 on the open highway, but then our excelleng mileage for KILLED when we hid that GOD AFWUL TRAFFIC in LA. What the HELL is with that town? Don't people there know how to drive? Bumper-to bumper traffic for 50 miles averaging 5 to 10 mph. #!%#%$&#@*!!! Even on the way home today... Saturday... 10:30 AM... that's 10-friggin-30 in the MORNING and there's bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway getting out of town. For those of you who live in LA and the surrounding area.... I feel sorry for you! And I'll never complain again about the traffic here in the SF Bay Area... it's NOTHING compared to LA. Absolutely horrible down there. And no carpool lanes where you need them!

In any case, the truck was solid and I'm very impressed with the first big road trip. Only two issues:

1) My right knee hurts from resting against the center console...not much stretching room...even with cruise control on.

2) Has anyone figured out how to get the DVD back to the rear screen after you turn off the ignition when the DVD was already playing? We have to remove the DVD and re-insert it and go all through the intro crap all over again. Evern time we have a DVD playing and then turn off the car, when we start the car again, the rear screen is black but I can hear the DVD playing. Can't figure out how to get the rear sceen back on again. Any clues?
Old September 17th, 2006, 4:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: First big trip in the 07 Tahoe

We live with this traffic nightmare every day, any way I can't wait to take a trip to Vegas in our new Tahoe, thanks for the report.
Old September 17th, 2006, 6:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Screen won't come back on unless you turn it on with the remote. That is what we have to do each time.
Old September 17th, 2006, 6:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Interesting. Which button on the remote?
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:28 PM
CF Junior Member

I believe it is the Red power button on the left side at the top.
Old September 19th, 2006, 11:11 PM
CF Active Member

I know what you mean, bjaber...

I used to live in Anaheim, and moved to the central valley in '91. I find myself complaining about traffic here, even more when I go over to your area, and then I get cured for a while after I go down south for a few days. It is the sh#(s down there.

I'm glad your trip went smooth. Much better than my first road trip to O.C. and Vegas in July. I had a bunch of troubles that I wrote about in another thread. G.M.s been good to me, though, and has taken care of most of my problems.

Enjoy your Tahoe!
Old October 1st, 2006, 8:03 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HI,
I just bought a 2007 program tahoe. It didnt not have the wireless headphones or remote for the factory rear dvd. Can anyone direct me where to find some that will work? Also part numbers for the remote and headphones?

DOes anyone have a set they dont use or want to sell? Thanks.
Old October 1st, 2006, 8:17 PM
CF Active Member

I always plan on getting thru LA very early in the morning @ 2-3 am...But still hit traffic..