Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fog light add need Fuse Tap advise

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2021, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fog light add need Fuse Tap advise

Need your Help!
I'm adding fog lights to my 2017 Hoe LT. There was nothing there before, just the covers, so i have all the goods, thank you eBay and i have the wiring harness that came with it. What i need to know is which specific fuse to tap into at the drivers side fuse panel. I have a mini ATM fuse tap to use, and I know that they recommend ACC power fuse but i have no idea which one to use. I can post a Pic and the fuse list which i will do below.

Old April 9th, 2021, 10:01 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

#8 is the RAP is Retained accessory power, no good as it's hot all the time to keep clocks, etc. running. Use a relay to control and power the fogs with a separate fuse from a hot connection under the hood and use one of the parking lights fuses to power the relay. this way fogs work with parking lights and turn off when lights turn off. You can add a dash switch to control the fogs or just let them come on with parking lights as they are on with the headlights also.
Did that with fogs I added into my Malibu LS.
Old April 9th, 2021, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by repairman54
#8 is the RAP is Retained accessory power, no good as it's hot all the time to keep clocks, etc. running. Use a relay to control and power the fogs with a separate fuse from a hot connection under the hood and use one of the parking lights fuses to power the relay. this way fogs work with parking lights and turn off when lights turn off. You can add a dash switch to control the fogs or just let them come on with parking lights as they are on with the headlights also.
Did that with fogs I added into my Malibu LS.

Thank you for the advice on this! Will do.