Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Ford MyTouch makes GM Nav look like 6yr old's video game.

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2010, 3:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you pay for stuff and dosen't work right, that really pisses me off too, so I feel for you there. Especially considering how much these trucks cost!

I think you should change the title of the thread to "Ford MyTouch makes GM Nav look like my Atari video game from 1980!"

Last edited by Rich E; January 12th, 2010 at 3:48 PM.
Old January 13th, 2010, 8:01 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

Can I change the title? I do like that more.

I was out the door with an 09 LTZ for $53,300 w/a 5/60 bumper to bumper.

It just feels like for that kind of $ there has to be better... Maybe the Tahoe market (which seems to be mostly soccer moms sadly) doesn't want high-tech dash toys... but at least make them an option!

The caller 'id' (and the fact that it only works 10% of the time with my iphone 3gs) really ticks me off... when my friend's in his jeep not only works 100% but the phone books sync, so you can see the NAME of who's calling vs a long number that you think... what the hell? I have 130+ names I need a NAME of who's calling...

If they would release the source code to the head unit I'd be appeased... I could write it to work better and be much more functional.

Does anyone have the 2010 head unit yet? Is it hard drive based vs DVD?
Old January 13th, 2010, 8:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Can I change the title? I do like that more.

I was out the door with an 09 LTZ for $53,300 w/a 5/60 bumper to bumper.

It just feels like for that kind of $ there has to be better... Maybe the Tahoe market (which seems to be mostly soccer moms sadly) doesn't want high-tech dash toys... but at least make them an option!

The caller 'id' (and the fact that it only works 10% of the time with my iphone 3gs) really ticks me off... when my friend's in his jeep not only works 100% but the phone books sync, so you can see the NAME of who's calling vs a long number that you think... what the hell? I have 130+ names I need a NAME of who's calling...

If they would release the source code to the head unit I'd be appeased... I could write it to work better and be much more functional.

Does anyone have the 2010 head unit yet? Is it hard drive based vs DVD?
What's the caller id issue? I have an 09 Suburban LTZ with Nav and RSE - Bluetooth and iPhone 3GS work fine, so far.
Old January 13th, 2010, 9:42 AM
CF Addict

Default bluetooth

the caller ID often does not show up when I dial out using the phone or when I get an incoming call. it worked 100% with iphone OS 2.x with 3.x it does not work. or works 10% of the time.

Is there an update?
Old January 15th, 2010, 5:20 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

My 2010 is still DVD based. Haven't checked the voice instructions yet.
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the caller ID often does not show up when I dial out using the phone or when I get an incoming call. it worked 100% with iphone OS 2.x with 3.x it does not work. or works 10% of the time.

Is there an update?
I know this is off topic somewhat, but if your phone worked before, then apple updated their software, and now it doesn't work properly....how is that the fault of the radio?
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:54 AM
CF Junior Member

at the end of the day....its still a ford....8^)
Old January 19th, 2010, 7:58 AM
CF Addict

Default iphone

Originally Posted by shawnvw
I know this is off topic somewhat, but if your phone worked before, then apple updated their software, and now it doesn't work properly....how is that the fault of the radio?
No, your point is quite valid, however on GMs web site they support the iphone, supporting an iphone, or what is basically a computer, is an ongoing process, you can't just call it a day when it 'works'... if something changes you have to keep on top of it. I upgrade to iphone OS 3.x. However if you go buy an iphone right now, it will come with iphone OS 3.x. So day one with your new $60,000 Tahoe and your $200 + $3,000 contract iphone... and it doesn't work. Awesome.

There is no process in place to alert GM that this stuff doesn't work correctly and updates are needed... telling their support line is like talking to a wall, these people help control emotion, not resolve technical issues. If anyone knows of a fix for the iphone 3gs please let me know...
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:33 PM
CF Junior Member

As an owner of a Chevrolet Suburban and a GMC Yukon both with a Denso Navigation unit I have to comment on the censorship attempt here.

I couldn't agree more with SabrToothSqrl, the new "My Ford Touch" system is the industry leader in multi media Navigation systems thats why its won so many awards.

I can appreciate the need to keep things focussed on Chevrolet and GM products but not discussing product or feature comparisons is very unprofessional and truly shows a deep seated insecurity. Perhaps a fear someone might point out a flaw or two.

As a GM truck owner I believe we should still be able to discuss competitive products especially when they are clearly better then the ones we might have in our GM products.

OnStar and the GM Navigation system is a great system buts its very outdated when you look at the market place and the speed in which Navigation systems are improving and adding features.

For example I think its wrong that I have to purchase a new GM Nav Disc every few years for $200 when SYNC offers free mapping upgrades downloadable on their website.

Ford's engineers have done a remarkable job with SYNC and My Ford Touch, try not to be afraid of them. Admire what they have done and hope the GM engineers will take notice and design their own award winning system.
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:39 PM
CF Junior Member

No, your point is quite valid, however on GMs web site they support the iphone, supporting an iphone, or what is basically a computer, is an ongoing process, you can't just call it a day when it 'works'... if something changes you have to keep on top of it. I upgrade to iphone OS 3.x. However if you go buy an iphone right now, it will come with iphone OS 3.x. So day one with your new $60,000 Tahoe and your $200 + $3,000 contract iphone... and it doesn't work. Awesome.

There is no process in place to alert GM that this stuff doesn't work correctly and updates are needed... telling their support line is like talking to a wall, these people help control emotion, not resolve technical issues. If anyone knows of a fix for the iphone 3gs please let me know...
Hey did the latest update to iOS4 fix this issue at all?

Quick Reply: Ford MyTouch makes GM Nav look like 6yr old's video game.