Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

frustrated with 03 alarm please help!

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2015, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frustrated with 03 alarm please help!

Hi everyone,

Last night i got stranded at college when i couldn't start my car. The fob that i have doesn't work even after replacing the battery so to unlock the car I just used the key from the outside to manually unlock the driver side door. Once the door was open, i pressed the unlock button to unlock the back doors so i can put my bags a way. Once i closed the rear door, the alarm car alarm went off. I was surprised that the alarm went off after closing the door as the car was unlocked.

I have tired everything and every scenario possible last night to try and start the car. Every time i put the key in the ignition system, and try and start the car, the alarm goes off as if the car is being armed. it stays on for about 30 seconds and turns off ( to save batter i assume).

I have tried to unlock the door, then lock it and then unlock it again with the key and see if that resolved the problem but that didn't work.

After unlocking the door from the outside, i have pressed the electric unlock button to unlock all door and as soon as i try and turn the car on it won't start and alarm goes off.

I have tried to unlock the passenger side door with the key to see if that helps, and the alarm goes off as soon as i try to run the car on.

I have unlocked the car, kept the key in the on position for 20 minutes to see if the red flashing light under the steering wheel would turn off, but it doesn't turn off and after 20 mins trying to start the car, the alarm goes off.

If i unlock the door with the key and open the door, the alarm won't go off. it only goes off if i ever close the door or try to start the car. If I open all the door, it won't go off, but as soon as i close one of the doors or try and start the car, it goes off and it's very annoying.

I tried to call the dealership this morning to see if they can tell me if there is a way i can turn on the car w/out the darn alarm going off, but apparently they must think i'm dumb blond girl and giving me a run around. I really need help trying to disarm this stupid alarm system so that i can start my car.

I was reading that the GM cars have this passlock system that disables the starter or something if i'm not using the key fob and that's the reason why i can no longer turn on my car. is it possible to take off some fuse or something to disable the system so i can turn the car on and drive it?

by the way this is regarding 03 Suburban Lt

Please help me!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Cherri