Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Fueling Problems (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/fueling-problems-54109/)

skye120 October 29th, 2012 4:59 PM

Fueling Problems

I am having a problem with fueling my vehicle. To start off I have an 07 Suburban 5.3L flex fuel. The problem is when I go to pump fuel I cant pump more that about .4 cents (if I'm lucky) into it without it cutting off like its full. It does not matter if I pump fast or slow tilt the nozzle up or down Ive tried everything. Its only done this the past 3 times I've attempted to get gas. Ive visually looked over the hose and there isn't any folds or anything that I can see. If anyone knows what is going on I would greatly appreciate some insight thanks for all the replies in advance.

Chevrolet Customer Service November 1st, 2012 11:06 AM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> skye120,

Have you been using a new station?

Louis
GM Customer Service

in2pro November 1st, 2012 8:52 PM

I'd try a length of 3/8 or 1/2 tubing down the filler neck to check for any blockage in the hose...
Is the filler hose filling up with fuel ?

cleveland63b November 2nd, 2012 10:48 PM

lots of problems and a tsb for the evap vent solenoid clogging/failing causing this problem not sure on the exact years but they offer a relocation kit for the vent

skye120 November 3rd, 2012 9:16 AM

Originally Posted by in2pro (Post 231379)
I'd try a length of 3/8 or 1/2 tubing down the filler neck to check for any blockage in the hose...
Is the filler hose filling up with fuel ?

yes it is

in2pro November 3rd, 2012 12:12 PM

You have some type of blockage... or its not venting correctly... but I suspect more of a blockage myself..
you will need to get the vehicle up and off the ground... and try to remove the filler tube between the body and gas tank...
If you know someone with a video scope Digital Inspection Camera with Recorder you can try to have it scoped out before having to pull the hose....