Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fueling Problems

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2012, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fueling Problems

I am having a problem with fueling my vehicle. To start off I have an 07 Suburban 5.3L flex fuel. The problem is when I go to pump fuel I cant pump more that about .4 cents (if I'm lucky) into it without it cutting off like its full. It does not matter if I pump fast or slow tilt the nozzle up or down Ive tried everything. Its only done this the past 3 times I've attempted to get gas. Ive visually looked over the hose and there isn't any folds or anything that I can see. If anyone knows what is going on I would greatly appreciate some insight thanks for all the replies in advance.
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:06 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> skye120,

Have you been using a new station?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 1st, 2012, 8:52 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd try a length of 3/8 or 1/2 tubing down the filler neck to check for any blockage in the hose...
Is the filler hose filling up with fuel ?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:48 PM
CF Veteran

lots of problems and a tsb for the evap vent solenoid clogging/failing causing this problem not sure on the exact years but they offer a relocation kit for the vent
Old November 3rd, 2012, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
I'd try a length of 3/8 or 1/2 tubing down the filler neck to check for any blockage in the hose...
Is the filler hose filling up with fuel ?
yes it is
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

You have some type of blockage... or its not venting correctly... but I suspect more of a blockage myself..
you will need to get the vehicle up and off the ground... and try to remove the filler tube between the body and gas tank...
If you know someone with a video scope Digital Inspection Camera with Recorder you can try to have it scoped out before having to pull the hose....