Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Getting an alarm system tomorrow.. need advice

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2008, 9:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting an alarm system tomorrow.. need advice

So I am getting an alarm system since my tahoe has been broken into twice in 3 months. First off the guy told me that Clifford is top of the line when it comes to alarm systems and that it is the best. So I am choosing between the Matrix 50.7x or the Matrix 50.5x. I can get the 50.5x installed for $750 (is that a good price?) and the 50.7x for about 80 dollars more than that. So my question is, which one is better? Has anyone had experience with either of these? Here is a link to both so you guys can give me a good idea as I am clueless to most of the features on these things. I am getting it installed tomorrow morning so i need to know pretty quick guys... thanks in advance!

Matrix 50.5x: http://www.clifford.com/Products/Pro...?ProductID=701

Matrix 50.7x: http://www.clifford.com/Products/Pro...?ProductID=721[/align]
Old December 4th, 2008, 9:57 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Getting an alarm system tomorrow.. need advice

The difference is just the style of the remotes.... the 50.7 replaces the 50.5 and also comes with a companion remote. They both have 1 mile range. WHat year is your tahoe? The year makes a HUGE difference because of the modules needed. Im finding those prices a little steep. I install alarms for a living. Clifford definitely is the best brand alarm, along with viper but they are the same company. If you have the new style tahoe than that changes everything. The module for ther new style tahoe does everythign from door locks to trunk release to even factory remote start. That being said, if you have the new style remote start you can get any alarm even a basic one and still have remote start activated. If you are into getting a pager alarm, I would consider a Matrix 3.5 (if you can find one) its a little cheaper but doesnt have one mile range. Or you can get the Matrix 12.5 It does not come with remote start. It has the pager but its flaw is that it has a integrated shock sensor, you have to mount it on a harness to catch the vibration. I find that the G5 series from clifford are the best thats what I have on my tahoe. They dont have pagers though. Hope this helped.
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:25 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: d1nonly34

The difference is just the style of the remotes.... the 50.7 replaces the 50.5 and also comes with a companion remote. They both have 1 mile range. WHat year is your tahoe? The year makes a HUGE difference because of the modules needed. Im finding those prices a little steep. I install alarms for a living. Clifford definitely is the best brand alarm, along with viper but they are the same company. If you have the new style tahoe than that changes everything. The module for ther new style tahoe does everythign from door locks to trunk release to even factory remote start. That being said, if you have the new style remote start you can get any alarm even a basic one and still have remote start activated. If you are into getting a pager alarm, I would consider a Matrix 3.5 (if you can find one) its a little cheaper but doesnt have one mile range. Or you can get the Matrix 12.5 It does not come with remote start. It has the pager but its flaw is that it has a integrated shock sensor, you have to mount it on a harness to catch the vibration. I find that the G5 series from clifford are the best thats what I have on my tahoe. They dont have pagers though. Hope this helped.
Hey man, yea this helps. I have an 07 tahoe. As I understand it the module is already included in the 50.7x but not the 50.5x. In addition to the alarm I am getting, glass break sensor, tilt sensor, back up battery, interior siren all installed for 750 with the 50.5x. If I want the 50.7x it will probably be about 850 dollars for all of that installed. Do you think thats a good price?
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:32 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glass break sensor is "ok". Tilt sensor sucks. Thats my honest opinion. They falkse to much and trigger the alarm, most of my customers complain and ask I remove it. The module is the same regardless of the alarm, so if they tell you it is includd in one and not the other thats BS. I dont know what module they are using but the best one is from Directed Electronics 1701G. Are you getting a backup battery or backup battery siren? Interior siren is good, I geuss if you want to annoy the hell out of someone lol. I hoenstly think you are getting a little "shafted" on the price. At my job for the 50.5 with module, backup siren, glass break, and tilt I would charge around $650 or $700 MAX.
Old December 5th, 2008, 1:21 AM
CF Beginner

I have had the Matrix 3.5 on my 2001 Tahoe for around 3 years now. Great alarm! I love how the remote has the picture of the lock. I can always tell if I actually locked my truck or not. Love the remote start, windows, and paging system. The range on it is not very far. The new ones you are looking at just have longer ranges and a new remote pad. The prices they gave you are kinda high. I just installed the 50.7x on my BMW for $450. Still has the remote start, windows, and trunk release. I shopped around and got the guy to lower the initial price of $600. That was with some special module I needed for my BMW too. Hope that helped out!
Old December 5th, 2008, 8:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Old December 5th, 2008, 2:19 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

They may also have the starter kill module in that price. The new style trucks do not have a starter wire. there is a module out there that kills the starter through data
module that I use shwon here.... http://www.bypasskit.com/product.asp...M&catid=10