Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GM Tail Light Guards Availability?

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2007, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Tail Light Guards Availability?

I went to my dealer yesterday on my lunch break to order some molded slash guardsand these tail light guards. http://www.chevrolet.com/pop/tahoe/2..._tlg_01_en.jsp They told me that the tail light guards were not available yet, and didn't know when they would. I was just wondering if anyone has purchased these, or if they were right and can't get them yet? Oh by the way, I picked up my splash guards today at 3:30 when I got off work. That was fast!
Old July 11th, 2007, 11:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GM Tail Light Guards Availability?

Don't buy these accessories from your dealer. Go to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com and you'll save BUNCH of money.Shipping charges are more than reasonable -- definitely a lot less than I expected shipping to be. I ordered the molded splash guards, color-matched bug guard, and vinyl floor mats with Chevy logo. The site does show that the chrome tail light guards are being discontinued (call for availability), though, and black is available. These are the exact same parts your dealer would buy. In fact, the many dealers in my area appear to share the same database --the web interface is the same.
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GM Tail Light Guards Availability?

Wecalled for the availability, and they toldus that they are notin stockyet. Not discontinued like it says on their site. My price for the splash guards from the dealer was cheaper than gmpartsdirect. They were $30.80 plus tax came to $33.14 a set. They have quoted me a price of $145 for the tail lamp guards, when or if they get them.