Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

gmx320? anyone got it?

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2007, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gmx320? anyone got it?

has anybody purchased this yet? I am thinking about ordering tomorrow but i am not sure if i should.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: gmx320? anyone got it?

i have it and will be installing this weekend.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

cool let me know how it goes, does coastaletech still offer discounts for members of this forum?
Old August 2nd, 2007, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

i have purchased the gm ipod lockpick---i already have the super lockpick installed and it works fine--
has anyone installed the ipod lp? i can't get it to work properly--can't switch back to xm radio, cause there is no "source" button that appears on the menu. they sent me a new ipod lp, but when i installed that one, its the same thing! no "source" button. i've emailed the rep and hope to get some answers soon.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both the GMX-320 and the Ipod LP. When you are in Ipod mode in full screen, hit the big horizontal bar, then pick Music then pick "Radio", it goes back to XM. I think you may have to hit the seek forward skip button on either the Nav or the steering controls if it doesn't go XM right away. Overallthe Ipod LP works and sounds awesome, but I thought the instructions are cumbersome to get it to show the playlists and albums. Intuitively you should not have to hit the "Back" key to view the playlist/album/artist feature after button selection.

The GMX-320 does everything as advertised. The only caveat is that it tricks the NAV to thinking you are standing still, that way the DVDand/or theAddress Entry fields of NAV will come alive after you hit the "mute" button 4 times. To get the NAV to work again, you must hit the mute button again 4 times. Cumbersome, but it's worth it! The rear camera can also be enabled to work at anytime, but pay attention to the instructions for the extra wiring the GMX needs to talk to the factory cam.

I had the Ipod cable and an extra set of RCA A/V cables (to the GMX) routed into my center console. That way I can run a video Ipod or Zuneinto both screens of system if I had either. Right now, I only have a nano.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 6:35 AM
CF Active Member

Is the extra wiring for the backup cam required if you're ADDING a backup cam, or is it still required if you already have the cam from the factor, but want to enable it any time? How extensive is this extra wiring, and does it use pre-existing plugs or am I altering anything?

I definitely wanted the camera option for checking my trailer on longer trips...
Old August 3rd, 2007, 8:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the factory camera, there is one single blue wire that you have to run from the GMX in the dash to a black box under the front passenger seat. I believe this wire tells the camera to turn "on" on demand. If you don't run it, you will get a black screen with "Check Surroundings" at the top as I've already discovered.

See Item 8 on page 5 of this link:

http://www.coastaletech.com/New_Fold...UAL%20REV1.pdf
Old August 3rd, 2007, 8:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Does this unit allow video input from the ipod through the system? So I can browse movie files on the ipod and play one on the rear screen?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 9:39 AM
CF Junior Member

to the people that dont have the factory camera, can we add our own to gmx320? can the camera pop on when we go into reverse...or would we have to manual change to that video input
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: CaMs

to the people that dont have the factory camera, can we add our own to gmx320? can the camera pop on when we go into reverse...or would we have to manual change to that video input
It will come on when you go in reverse only if you bring the car to the dealer and have the dealer activate the rear camera control for your Nav unit.

Quick Reply: gmx320? anyone got it?