Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

gmx320? anyone got it?

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gmx320? anyone got it?

ORIGINAL: knute3

Does this unit allow video input from the ipod through the system? So I can browse movie files on the ipod and play one on the rear screen?
pretty off topic, but what are you using to get video's onto your ipod? I can't figure it out
Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

yea i have not figured that out either, i dont know why my videos from itunes want transfer to my ipod when i plug it in.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 7:44 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: GIXXER

ORIGINAL: knute3

Does this unit allow video input from the ipod through the system? So I can browse movie files on the ipod and play one on the rear screen?
pretty off topic, but what are you using to get video's onto your ipod? I can't figure it out
Not very off topic at all, I was asking about certain functions the unit is suppose to have, such as a video input. My 80 GB ipod has all my music, plus about 40 full length movies that my kids watch on the rear screen. All previous ipod interfaces are for audio only, but this unit has a video input as well. I was simply asking about the units ability to access video playlists from my ipod through the touchscreen and be able to play them through my nav/RSE system.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Ipod LP does NOT have any video inputs, nor can control / play anything besides audio functions.

The GMX-320 has 2 sets of audio/video RCA inputs, but is only a pass thru to show up on the screen(s) and audio for whatever you want to plug into it just like the AUX inputs on the rear of the center console for stock rear DVD setups.

One of the functions of the GMX is to allow the front screen to play DVD or AUX inputs (either the GM AUX or the GMX-320's AUX inputs) while you are in motion.