Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GOOD news for BAD batteries

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2008, 9:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GOOD news for BAD batteries

After having problems with the cheap factory battery in my 07 Hoe, I finally got up the nerve to call a rep from my favorite bettery company OPTIMA. The rep very happily informed me that there WILL be an Optima yellow top (deep cycle) battery produced by the end of June that WILL fit the 07-08 Hoe. I had one in my 2000 Hoe and it was the best battery I had ever had. Can't wait to get one for the new Hoe. Their website is www.otimabatteries.com.
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD news for BAD batteries

Also look into kinetiks. They make very good batteries.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD news for BAD batteries

I had a draining problem with my 07 when I first purchased it, and there is a TSB for the BCM module that has to be reprogramed. After that, I have not had any issues and it has been 8 months. Also, just for info, the Optima is a good battery, but I do not believe worth the money. We had tested and used in different fleets, and they are very unforgiving if they are discharged for any reason. Again, good battery but there aren't that many actual manufacturers in the market anymore and with the good battery warranties, I don't know if really worth it except for piece of mind and special applications. Hopes this gives you some different ideas.