Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Got Rubber?

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2011, 9:02 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got Rubber?

So I put new tires on the wife's car and got me thinking about my tahoe

I love the factory tires:

I have 36,000 on it now with 7/32" left on the tires, so I expect approx 65,000 out of the factory set, which seem to be quiet, smooth, and have a good amount of grip. (2/32" is legal min in PA) (tires are 12/32 new)

Factory:
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

Alternative:
Michelin LTX M/S2

Anyway, these are the two I narrowed the replacements down to (when mine wear out).

Anyone use the 2nd one? I love the factory ones, and cheaper tires on tire rack rate way worse than the OEM ones... and tires make up a huge part of the vehicle dynamics, so I'm not going worse than I have now... but is the $30/tire worth it for the Michelins? that's a $120 diff on tires pushing $800/set + mount balance.... and that's at Tire Rack prices... which are usually about HALF any local places! I dont know how people who don't use online pricing do it... my wife's sisters paid like 2x more for tires that are rated much worse than what I set her up with...

Both of our vehicles are 4WD or AWD, and see mostly street, highway, and PA snow (4-6" MAX)... and need to move us in that. I don't 'wheel with my tahoe (lol, it's 4" off the ground and HUGE)... I had a jeep for that (soon to be another jeep... next spring)... so yeah... and we both tow w/the vehicles.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; May 28th, 2011 at 9:05 PM.