Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Heater Washer Fluid - Light Flashing

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2008, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Washer Fluid - Light Flashing

Hey Everyone,

This is the first post for me on this site, however, I've been skimming through a bunch of the posts. A lot of great info here!

Down to the issue at hand. I turned on the Heated Washer Fluid system this morning, in hopes of cleaning off some ice on the windhshield. I pushed the button, the light flashed like normal for about 20 seconds and then it started to flash rapidly. After rapidly flashing for about 20 seconds, it turned off and that was it. No wiping, no steaming, nothing. I tried a few more times, but still nothing. I looked through the manual, but for some reason they don't give you any information on what the flashing light means, or I just haven't found it yet.

I'll be calling Chevy later on today, but wanted to check in here to see if anyone else had this issue before?

thanks!
-Thad
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Heater Washer Fluid - Light Flashing

Well I just called up my service center and they told me I would need to setup an appointment, because it's probably a malfunction in the system. I'll probably just let this one slide for a while though. I just picked upmy truck from the service center last Thursday.

I had it in for some regular maintenance and they ended up finding a leak with two seals on the transmission. They had to drop the transmission and had some trouble initially getting the pump back in and aligned correctly. It was in the shop for a week, but luckily they were able to fix the transmission, as well as most, if not all, the noises and rattles in the truck (including that roofliner dome light issue).

I have to say, the transmission feels absolutely perfect, smooth as glass.

Oh well...as always, if anyone has any information regarding the rapid flashing light on the Heated Washer Fluid switch, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Thad
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the forum! You should probably get things looked at because it's not normal. So you know what normal is, when I push my button the light flashes for about 6-7 seconds, then the wipers start and heated water sprays out...this continues three times total and then it turns off....all the while the light flashes at a normal speed.
Old March 12th, 2008, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the welcome . I did another test last night and it will flash normally for up to 20 seconds to heat up and then it goes into rapid flashing. It does the whole rapid flashing business for about a minute and then turns off.

Does anyone know if there is a 800 number for GM techs? I just don't feel like bringing the truck in if it's just a simple fix, such as just disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. If no one has that number, then I'll just have to schedule some more time for service. Hopefully it won't take very long to diagnose and fix.
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:53 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First make sure that your washer fluid reservoir is full (ie: not empty).
If it is a fault there is no 1-800 tech support phone number, that's what's why we're here.
Old March 21st, 2008, 12:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Looks like someone else who couldn't get heated washer fluid in the extreme cold. I had a frosty windshield, (i'm in NY, it wasn't too cold) I didn't get the light to flash rapidly, but I didn't get anything out of the wiper blades! I think the fluid that was in the tubes was frozen solid. Now, I think I have leaking washer hoses, as someone else in another post spoke about. Has anyone had leaky washer hoses, and what's the remedy?