Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

heater when A/C is on

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2011, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater when A/C is on

2004 Z71 with dual air Tahoe, when A/C is on hot air blows from driver side and cool air on passenger side replaced the blend door actuator on driver side and still have problem.
Is there another control actuator that controls the heat?
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

my 07 does the same thing, but its hot on the passenger side and cold on the driver side
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SOunds like blend door problem.
Old June 21st, 2011, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

hope it helps. Make sure A/C is and A/C controls are off. With the vehicle off open the hood find the HVAC fuse remove and reinstall allow at least 10 seconds before reinstalling. Start your vehicle at idle only and do not touch HVAC control. Wait 40 seconds for control module to recalibrate. This is Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Old June 21st, 2011, 8:05 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ghost-wolf
hope it helps. Make sure A/C is and A/C controls are off. With the vehicle off open the hood find the HVAC fuse remove and reinstall allow at least 10 seconds before reinstalling. Start your vehicle at idle only and do not touch HVAC control. Wait 40 seconds for control module to recalibrate. This is Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control module while the HVAC control module is self-calibrating. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

I second this method for calibrating the HVAC module...
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
CF Junior Member

I will have to try it. I have the same problem on my 07.
Old September 13th, 2011, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

I feel strongly that the dual system should be recalled because in winter it
could be life threatening. I would sign any petition to help solve this.
Old September 14th, 2011, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default Heater control

The blend door actuator is the problem, Cheve knows the problem and will not repair it. Doorman products makes the same door actuator for about $150.00 and it took 2 hours for me to change it on my 2004 Tahoe.
I wrote to the NTSB and filed a complain form against Chevrolet under the safety section claiming this is a safety concern for people operating these vehicles. Our stuck in the heat default position in the Texas summer when it is over 100F driving 3 hour back home. The air temp coming from the vents is at engine temp and the outside air temp with the windows down is over 100F so it is a definit safety issue.
My family as far back as I can remember has always been GM people, I have owned and my children have owned nothing but GM vehicles. With the way GM has handled the complaints on this issue, the leaking heads that Castec made for the 5.7 and the dash cluster problems I am definetly considering Ford.
Old September 15th, 2011, 8:15 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GM to Ford

I was all chevy until i found the build quality, reliability, and generally everything about my wife's $16,000 escape to be 10x better than my $55,000 tahoe...

Ford is kicking *** and taking names. Have you seen their new engines?!

what about the My Ford Touch?
Old September 16th, 2011, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default A/C Dual air blows hot

The A/C door actuator on the drivers side is not the correct actuator to change.
The one you need to change is in the middle of the dash at the bottom between the hump in the floor and the bottom of the dash. it is a different part number also. Order the Doorman part from Oreilly or auto zone and follow the installation instructions. After installing you have to let the computer take control and set the actuator by itself. Do Not Touch the controls while it is calibrating. It was a $150.00 part.

Quick Reply: heater when A/C is on