Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help connecting Aftermarket HU

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2007, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help connecting Aftermarket HU

i just installed a JVC AVX8000 HU in my 2007 tahoe which had a Bose sound system without Nav. I am not sure about the connections that my installer did. First of all he connected the speaker out from the HU which has a built in amplifier 50w X 4 to the speaker wires from the factory harness which are going to the bose amlifier. instead of connecting it with the RCA preouts. Is it ok to conect that way. Secondly, I am not getting any sound from the IR headphones although I connected the pink wire from the RCA harness as posted by GMGEEK. The lights on the IR on top of the rear screen are all illuminated but iam not getting any sound from the headphones. The JVC is a dual zone unit. Another thing i need to ask is that after installing an aftermarket HU is there any use of the factory remote control. I did not get to use the Headphones with the factory unit so I dont know what were the functions that the remote control actually did. I mean does the remote make any picture adjustments to the rear screen also how do i switch off the rear dvd. What about the volume or any other functions. I would appreciate any help that you guys can extend me. Thanks
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: Help connecting Aftermarket HU

There's a two position switch on the headphones. On mine, #1 is for the DVD and #2 is for the RSE.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:08 AM
e
CF Senior Member

as far as the hu goes, if you connect the speaker leads from the hu to the in of the bose amp then yes you could have problems. I would also think that you have lost onstar and chimes as well.Are you using any kind of interface? And yes they do make piece to retain your steering wheel controls, howevernot all remotes and hu's work but most do.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 4:42 AM
CF Beginner

I have ordered for the pac os3bose and the swi-jack. Yes the chimes dont work. I am working now to get the headphones to work.