Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   help: Door lock problem (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/help-door-lock-problem-25120/)

TAHOE_KSA August 13th, 2009 12:47 AM

help: Door lock problem

Hi Gents,

I am a new member and it is a great forum for all Chevy enthusiasts.
<O:p
I have 2008 Tahoe LTZ, and I have a problem with the door lock.
When I press the remote to open the doors only the passenger side opens.
Before one month however,all the doors were opening except the rear behind the driver. Now it is worse only one door opens.
What could be the problem?
I appreciate any help

73shark August 13th, 2009 5:29 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Had a similar problem and it was a small relay module on the fuse block on the firewall above your left foot.

Best bet is to take it to dealer service and have them fix it. It's still under warranty isn't it?

TAHOE_KSA August 14th, 2009 10:42 AM

Thanks alot 73sharkfor the help and for welcoming me to this great forum.

However, it is a brand new car and I don't think it is the fuse block since the passenger door is working properly. I will take your advice and take it to the dealer since it is under warranty though dealing with the dealer where I live is quite awful.

73shark August 16th, 2009 4:41 PM

Go meet the service mgr and just explain to him that you'd like to use his dept but there are other options.

Let us know what they find.

TAHOE_KSA August 20th, 2009 3:38 AM

Hi all,

Thanks 73shark for your advice.
I took it to the dealer service and guess what they told me? They said it is a plastic piece, part of the locking system inside the door panel, often breaks and they gave me an appointment next week and I will keep you posted.

The funny thing they said it is a common problem for all 2008 Tahoe and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttps://chevroletforum.com/forum/ /><st1:State alt=</st1:State>Yukon</ST1:p. I wonder if that is the case with you guys? as I am not convinced by what he said.

RedOctober November 3rd, 2009 7:01 PM

im having the exact same problem. my driver side door unlocks with the remote only about half the time. same with locking. Often, it helps if i lock, unlock, open the door, close the door and try to lock again. maybe it shakes that plastic thing into its correct position? or maybe its something else.

all of the other doors work as they should. just the driver door sticks sometimes. when i put it in park i have it set to unlock all the doors. all of them unlock EXCEPT the driver door about half the time. it sux.. WHY would they use plastic for essential high-activity, highly utilized pieces of mechanical equipment??!! why not something more dependable?

$62,000 for a tahoe and the thing is breaking like a Kia at 2yrs old. weak.. real weak chevy.. my 97 tahoe was tough as nails.. i could slam that thing into a brick wall and drive away in perfect mechanical condition.. this new LTZ is built like sh#@.. no wonder chevy is faultering as a company. i hope that the new GM (Government Motors) can get this company back on the right track toward building tough, quality trucks. not beautified $62,000 computerized pieces of sh$%! do we really need a computer to monitor every damn thing on the truck?

derricl July 19th, 2010 10:45 AM

2008 Tahoe with multiple door lock issues

called last week to schedule the recall for the heated washer system and inquired about my driver door lock mechanism not working. Only manual operation and yes my tahoe is out of warranty, but only 2 1/2 years old. Ironically my left passenger door now has the same issue as over the weekend it has failed. Looks like I will soon have all four doors malfunctioning and wanted any updates on the issue. I could care less about a problem with the windshield washer heating system versus having to crawl all through the vehicle to open the doors. Seriously? HAve a 2000 blazer that has been throught the war and it's door locks still work just fine. Please pass any info along if it's out there.

Chevrolet Customer Service July 22nd, 2010 8:49 AM

derricl, I would like to direct message you about your issue. Thank you for you time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

challeng71 July 25th, 2010 11:14 AM

derrilc- any more info?

Just wondering if anyone has an update on the door lock problem??? 03 Silverado rear doors wont unlock, "left rear door ajar" message in DIC, alarm goes of whenever it feels like it. Relays by the door post are good and seated. Do i just need to replace the door latch assemblies or can i just get the piece thats broken?? or what is really the problem??

if Chevy knows this is a common occurence then why don't they put it out here where owners can find the answers quickly and easily.

luded1 July 31st, 2010 12:40 PM

Any updates on this??? I have a 2008 LTZ and now 3 of my 4 doors locks do not work!!! GM is a damn joke not recalling for this problem...... Horrible customer service, I am sorry I did not buy foreign :(

in2pro July 31st, 2010 12:47 PM

Welcome to the forum luded1
What has the dealer told you about your door locks? If your current dealer is not giving good customer service you may want to try another dealership...

luded1 July 31st, 2010 12:48 PM

Was told my truck is out of warranty, so its my problem

73shark July 31st, 2010 2:00 PM

Do the locks work w/ the door mounted buttons? If it's just the remote that's not working them, then it might be a module down by the parking brake. Sorry you got a bad dealer that won't even help diagnosis the problem or give you some idea.

luded1 July 31st, 2010 6:14 PM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 152234)
Do the locks work w/ the door mounted buttons? If it's just the remote that's not working them, then it might be a module down by the parking brake. Sorry you got a bad dealer that won't even help diagnosis the problem or give you some idea.

No, doors do not work with the remote or the door buttons. The front passenger side door works with both.

luded1 August 6th, 2010 10:10 AM

Here is an update for my 2008 Chevy Tahoe door lock issue.

I was contacted by Chevy Customer Service. I explained the issue and told them I knew of the multi complaints with Tahoes and other Chevy vehiciles with the door actuator issues. I explained that I used the Tahoe for business and did alot of traveling and was over the 36K warranty. I was told the first step in them taking care of this "KNOWN" problem was to take it to a dealer in my area for documentation from a Chevy Dealer. Truck was dropped off to them this morning. I just received a call telling me the problem would not be fixed because of my mileage???? What was the point of wasting my time if you knew you were going to reject this because of my milage?? And now I owe the dealer $100 dollars to tell me the issue is my door actuators!!!! And if I want them fixed its going to be $300 per door parts/labor WTF??? HORRIBLE.... HORRIBLE customer service!!!!! I will NEVER own another Chevy product again!!!

73shark August 6th, 2010 9:24 PM

What was the second step that Chevy Customer Service said to do?

luded1 August 8th, 2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 152984)
What was the second step that Chevy Customer Service said to do?

Well, the first step was for the Dealer to document the issue and verify that it was actually the door actuators that everyone is have problems with.... I was told by Customer Care Rep, that once this was recorded through the dealer, the second step would be for them to go ahead and fix it. So much for that.....

pete5555 August 18th, 2011 10:44 PM

also, with heavy rain fills the doors with water and shorts out the actuator, i had water up to the door handle i removed the plug in the lower part of the door and drained about 5 gallons of water from each rear door.

Pyro Joe August 20th, 2011 2:00 PM

Keyless remote suddenly has limited range

Hey folks,
I have an 06 Suburban LT w/ just over 100K on it. Last week the keyless remote(s) stopped working at any distance from the car. I can now only lock or unlock the doors when I am within 4 feet of the car.

Any spefic reason this might be doing this? I tried a new battery and even bought a new remote, but after "learning" the new & old remotes to the car, the limited range problem still exists.

Your thoughts?

Joe

kevinkpk August 20th, 2011 2:15 PM

Possible the reciever antenna is out of whack. I don't know where it is located on your car.

wybull August 20th, 2011 3:08 PM

It seems like there are alot of problems with door locks. Is Chevy doing something about this? Can't get the locks except for passager front door to work. First it was driver than back door driver side then back door passanger. What is going on? You pay a lot of money for a nice vehicle and then door locks dont work! Is there a recall? What can be done without spending loads of money for a repair job?

Pyro Joe August 21st, 2011 9:01 AM

How would I find out where the Keyless entry reciever antenna is located on my Suburban?

Pyro Joe August 21st, 2011 10:42 AM

After further researching, I found what I think is the problem / Soulution.

My dash is also just started displaying "Check Tire Pressure Monitoring System".

I had no idea the two issues were related, but they are.

Here is the Bulletin I found at the ls1tech website....

he following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
The vehicle may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

The RCDLR and RKE Transmitters will not function after the serial data bus has gone to sleep.
Intermittently inoperative Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) - A condition of intermittent operation of the RKE transmitters (key fobs) has been identified.
Poor RKE range and/or Service Tire Monitor System message
RKE inoperative after programming any module on the vehicle
New RKE transmitters cannot be programmed
Vehicle may display low fob battery.
The RKE and Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) are functions of the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) with the exception of the 2006 Lucerne which uses the EBCM for Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) since there are no tire pressure sensors mounted inside the wheels.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Note:: When programming a new or existing RCDLR the programming instructions in SI for the must be followed. On vehicles equipped with Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM), if the tire type and tire pressure are not selected in module setup on the Tech 2, the RCDLR will not retain the tire pressures after the TPM system is learned.

RCDLR and both RKE Transmitters Will Not Function After the Serial Data Bus Has Gone to Sleep:
⇒ Open the drivers door to wake up the serial data bus, then verify the RCDLR functions normally, both transmitter will function.

⇒ Program RCDLR with the latest software available in TIS (New S/W released 9/18/06)

⇒ Steps to follow after programming, refer to SI Control Module References for RCDLR.

⇒ Verify RKE functions after vehicle serial data bus off conditions, 12 - 15 minutes from off powermode. (vehicle doors must be closed, keys out of vehicle and no scan tool connected).

⇒ If RKE will not function open drivers door to wake up serial data bus.

⇒ Replace the RCDLR .

⇒ Program RCDLR with the latest software available in TIS (New S/W released 9/18/06)

⇒ Steps to follow after programming, refer to SI Control Module References for RCDLR.

⇒ Verify RKE functions after vehicle serial data bus off conditions, 12 - 15 minutes from off powermode. (vehicle doors must be closed, keys out of vehicle and no scan tool connected).

Intermittently Inoperative Remote Keyless Entry (RKE): One or more RKE transmitters will not program or function.

Note: If both transmitters will not function confirm item A above.

⇒ Verify concern and attempt to relearn the transmitter(s) to the vehicle.

⇒ If the transmitter operation returns to normal following the relearn function, the inoperative condition may return, new RKE transmitters will be available in late October 2006 to correct the condition.

⇒ If the transmitter operation does not return to normal after transmitter learn, press and hold the Lock, Unlock and Panic buttons simultaneously. Attempt to relearn transmitter(s). The inoperative condition may return, new RKE transmitters will be available in late October 2006 to correct the condition.

⇒ If neither method will restore the transmitter function. New RKE transmitters will be available in late October 2006 to correct the condition. (note: current service stock may correct the condition temporally)

Poor RKE Range and/or Service Tire Monitor System (TPM lost individual sensor data) (Applies to Car models only Impala, Monte Carlo, DTC and Lucerne):

⇒ Follow the diagnostic system check, are there any related DTCs? Are there any DTCs in the RCDLR? If yes follow published diagnostics.

⇒ Verify External Antenna Coax connections at the RCDLR and at the glass.

⇒ Check for proper coax ground attachment of the antenna cable.

⇒ If all checks OK secure the ground attachment on the coax with a self tapping screw, securing it to the (A pillar Impala and Monte Carlo Only) and in (D pillar for DTS and Lucerne.

⇒ If securing the ground attachment on the coax does not restore the RKE range replace the RCDLR and follow programming and setup procedures.

Note: Verify you are using TIS to Web or the latest TIS calibrations so the RCDLR will be programmed with the updated software.

RKE becomes inoperative while programming another module on the vehicle: This may occur during programming of any module on the vehicle or from normal operation.

⇒ Do not replace the RCDLR

⇒ Program RCDLR with the latest S/W available in TIS (New S/W released 9-18-06)

New RKE Transmitters Will Not Program or Inoperative

⇒ Press Lock, Unlock and Panic together and hold for 3-5 seconds.

⇒ Perform transmitter learn procedure.

⇒ Verify all functions. This can be done using the scan tool and monitoring the transmitter commands.

⇒ If programming is unsuccessful, new RKE transmitters will be available late October 2006.

If the RKE transmitter low battery message is displayed.

⇒ Press and hold the lock, unlock and panic buttons to restore transmitter function. Attempt to relearn the transmitters.

⇒ If complete function is restored in the RKE system. The condition may return, new RKE Transmitters will be available in late October 2006.

⇒ If the transmitter function will not return to normal, current service stock may fix the condition temporally new RKE transmitters will be available in late October 2006.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

livinginsuburbania August 24th, 2011 8:18 AM

99 Suburban, none of the electric locks work.

I recently bought my 99 Suburban but the previous owner lost the remote for locking/unlocking the doors. During the initial weeks of owning it I could hear a click in the drivers door while trying to lock & unlock the doors via the main switch on the door. The rear door switch on the dash that unlocks the back door & glass worked fine. Neither of these options work anymore. Zero sound while pressing the drivers main lock/unlock switch, dash switch no longer works period.

Does this mean that I should buy the $100 driver door acuator? Power lock relay? Should I post a new thread since my Sub. is a 99?

Thanks,

Aaron

SBlitzerDr December 21st, 2011 4:19 PM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 108964)
Welcome to the forum.

Had a similar problem and it was a small relay module on the fuse block on the firewall above your left foot.

Best bet is to take it to dealer service and have them fix it. It's still under warranty isn't it?

Brought my Sub in for service. ('04). Had to take dash apart to fix actuator door flap for heating/ac. When car was picked up, both rear doors will not unlock with driver master switch or fob. Chevy says BOTH rear door actuators must have died simultaneously!! I have to believe that an unlock fuse or something logical would be a better thought. Any ideas.....please!!!!!

legolas894 December 24th, 2011 1:29 PM

Originally Posted by SBlitzerDr (Post 200757)
Brought my Sub in for service. ('04). Had to take dash apart to fix actuator door flap for heating/ac. When car was picked up, both rear doors will not unlock with driver master switch or fob. Chevy says BOTH rear door actuators must have died simultaneously!! I have to believe that an unlock fuse or something logical would be a better thought. Any ideas.....please!!!!!

I've having the same issue with my '98. Power door locks would stay "Activated", draining the battery. I took the realy out which was located up inside the dash near where that actuator door flap is located. I wonder if there's a chance they disconnected or damaged the relay doing that flap. They are closed together.
My auto locks are disconnected now but without the door lock relay, at least I'm not draining the battery. Cheap junk components in the electrical area in the 98's. Looks like they haven't solved that problem. The lock relay is black with the maker being Potter & Brumfield VBA-2002 on it.

My '94 Caprice is still in full working condition (all options working except for A/C and a stripped rear wiper arm. Hardly put a dime into it except for a water pump and spark plug wires. This 'burb is driving me crazy. Variable speed steering is certainly variable. Good radio though.

bfireman231 January 1st, 2012 7:16 PM

Anyone know of chevy doing anything about the whole power lock issue? I have 08 silverado 1500 crew and had the driver door lock replaced about 2 months ago and now the driver rear door lock is out with my 3Y/36000 warranty, Anyone know if the 5Y/100000 warranty covers this?

in2pro January 1st, 2012 7:50 PM

welcome to the forum...
Your 3/36 would have covered the locks, the 5/100k is limited to the power train and even that is limited to certain electronic items in that system. Chevrolet Customer Service should be logging back on come Monday so they may be able to provide more answers to your question, however you may want to check with your dealer that did the work as they may do it out of customer appreciation if it is just the one lock...

73shark January 1st, 2012 9:51 PM

Especially if you've had your vehicle serviced there. :)

bfireman231 January 2nd, 2012 8:10 AM

Just to let everyone know just got off the phone with Chevy | Help - Contact Us | Chevrolet
and no help. They want me to pay for the diagnosis which is around $100 and can't tell me if there will be anything they can do. Guess if I have to pay that much just as well pay and get it fixed. Terrible that you pay soo much for these vehicles and something this small they can't make or get right.

Chevrolet Customer Service January 2nd, 2012 3:14 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> bfireman231,

I'm sorry, but the Powertrain Warranty (5 year / 100,000 miles) does not cover vehicle door locks. The Powertrain Warranty covers the engine, transmission, transfer case and axle assemblies on light duty vehicles.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

danyel.34 January 3rd, 2012 4:47 PM

Hey , I'm having the same problems with my driver door and I'm nolonger under warrenty, is it a simple fix or something that needs servicing

Chevrolet Customer Service January 3rd, 2012 9:16 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> danyel.34,

It depends if the issue is the same as the others. Have you taken the vehicle in for an inspection? A certified technician will be able to provide more accurate information, after a physical inspection. I encourage you to make an appointment at your convenience.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

000 January 16th, 2012 10:31 PM

I have a 2000 suburban and im having i guess the same problem most people ^^^ here have/had, every door locks and unlocks fine but the passenger side, it only does it when it feels like it, if its locked and i try to unlock it manually by sliding the lock it wont and if i try with the key it wont either, but if i give it a little tap love it works fine till i guess something gets loose inside, ive read all the replies and seems like nobody has been able to find a fix besides going to pay 100.00 at the dealer and possible 300.00 for parts and labor, or did i miss something? cause i would really appreciate if someone has found a way to fix this problem before it happens to the rest of the doors.

Thanks!

Busted Knuckles January 21st, 2012 6:59 PM

Been there....

My '09 Suburban driver side rear door had the same problem. I cannot be sure, but I narrowed down the lock mechanism failure to the day my sister-in-law slammed the door VERY hard, but unintentionally. Afterward, the power lock would not unlock the door. The new mechanism cost around $100, and I put it in myself. Fortunately that solved the problem. The latch components don't seem very sturdy, but that door hinge spring is over-engineered!

angandrob March 6th, 2012 12:17 PM

2008 ltz Suburban Lock / Radio issue

I have already taken care of the recall for the heated washer system and since have noticed driver door & back driver-passenger lock mechanism not working. Only manual operation and yes my Suburban is out of warranty, but only 3 1/2 years old. Ironically my left passenger door now has the same issue as over the weekend it has failed. Looks like I will soon have all four doors malfunctioning and wanted any updates on the issue. After having the windshield washer heating system taken care of I noticed the back window washer fluid will not spray. Upon further investigation it leak from behind the driver wheel well, so I'm thinking it may have been pinched while it was having the recall taken care of. Really? I have a top of the line vehicle and today the sound from the radio/aux/DVD fades in and out!!!! Really. This is not foreign made much less a cheap vehicle why and how should I be able to afford to fix what I have already paid for?????? To say the least, it should be taken care of for so many safety issues as well as consumer satisfaction. :mad: Please pass any info along if it's out there.

Chevrolet Customer Service March 6th, 2012 3:08 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> angandrob,

I am sorry to hear of the issues with your Suburban. I would like to look into things further regarding the locking issues. Would you please PM me the following information: your full name, home address, phone number, vehicle mileage, vehicle VIN number and the name of your preferred dealer?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Unhappy with my 3rd suburban April 9th, 2012 1:32 PM

Door lock problem

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 209016)
angandrob,

I am sorry to hear of the issues with your Suburban. I would like to look into things further regarding the locking issues. Would you please PM me the following information: your full name, home address, phone number, vehicle mileage, vehicle VIN number and the name of your preferred dealer?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Whille trying to deal with customer service today, the same thing happened to me. I called the dealership who referred me to the 800 customer service number. I explained I had 2 of 4 door handles replaced under warranty and 1 door lock. At this time, I wanted it written on my work order all handles and locks should have been replaced. Now I have another door handle broken and another door lock broken and out of warranty. This is a well known problem as shown in this forum.

It is a safety issue that if you cannot unlock the door manually from the front door to get your child out . Scenario, the door handle broken on one side and lock broken on the other. You must climb between the front seats to manually unlock the door because the front seats are too close to the side and too tall to reach over. Since you cannot access the manual knobs without climbing between the front seats, this should be recalled.

One of the door handles that was replaced broke when the chevy service manager pulled on it with the doors locked. I need to back up: the chevy dealership did not put by hub caps back on correctly when I had the tires rotated and three fell off, and I was back again. The service manager was getting the milage.

Now that I am out of warranty, the 800 customer service set up an appointment for ME. Then I find out after waiting on hold and describing everything for over 30 minutes, I was going to be charged to diagnose the BROKEN DOOR HANDLE and LOCK. REALLLYYYYY. This is my third suburban, the cheapest made, the most expensive, and the most ridiculous customer-waste-of-time-service number ever. Anyone want to contact me?

Chevrolet Customer Service April 9th, 2012 2:28 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Unhappy with my 3rd suburban,

Can you please PM me the Service Request number (SR#) that was given to you when you called Customer Service, so I can look into your case?

Louis
GM Customer Service

Unhappy with my 3rd suburban April 9th, 2012 2:37 PM

71-1056449326