Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

help!!! gas leak

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2016, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!! gas leak

Soon my wife was driving or 96 tahoe today and she got home and said it smelled like gas. I went to check on the car and could definitely smell gas. Checked under the hood and could smell gas but not find any. Started to look in different places and found gas uon the frame next to the gas tank just in front of the rear driver wheel well. Any suggestions on common leaks in this area.
Old July 9th, 2016, 7:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

some possible leak points are metal fuel lines, fuel pump/sending unit to tank o-ring...the tank itself if its metal

its kinda hard to see above the tank unless the driveshaft is unbolted and lowered.
Old July 9th, 2016, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Right, mine tahoe is lowered as well so really can't see anything. I'm taking it to my mechanic tomorrow and I'll keep on posting
Old July 11th, 2016, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Update. Dang a mechanic wants 300 dollars just to drop the tank and look. I know I could do it myself but I don't have the time abs need my car to go out of town by friday.looks like I'm gonna bite the bullet and have it fixed