Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HELP ME PLEASE Tahoe will not start

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2016, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME PLEASE Tahoe will not start

Hey everyone im really struggling with this yall im a college student and my tahoe went out on me a couple of weeks ago. I dont know anything about cars im a computer person so bare with me if my terminology is askew. I have taught myself everything so far and nothing has worked. My truck has power and tries to turn over but will not crank. I have replaced the distributor, distibutor cap and rotor, Ignition control module, ignition coil, alternator, put a new battery in it and new spark plugs. I am not getting a spark when i put the spark plug on the 1st spark plug it does not give me any spark whatsoever. Let me go a little more into detail. Firstly whoever made the damn distibutor i dont like you lol. that had to be the hardest thing to change ive done yet. When i put it in the first time the truck cranked and was working but running EXTREMELY rough like to the point i thought it was about to blow up so i looked it up and had to put it TDC i found out and make sure the rotor points to 1 so i took it out did that and ever since it hasnt cranked ive had like 3 mechanics "look" over it but everything they tell me to replace DOES NOT WORK this is getting pretty damn frustrating so if anyone has any ideas PLEASE LORD SHARE SOME WISDOM. sorry about it being long but i think you get the idea Thanks
Old September 15th, 2016, 8:11 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

Are you sure the timing is correct? You might be 180 degrees off. You have to be at TDC on the compression stroke. Go through it and check again just to be sure.