Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help persuade me get a Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2007, 1:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help persuade me get a Tahoe

ORIGINAL: whtcts0713

I am thinking that the q7 and x5 might be to small and heading more toward the tahoe.
They are definately smaller.

ORIGINAL:whtcts0713

How is Gas Mileage on the Tahoe in comparision to the Escalade? I heard the Tahoe gets alot more.
The Escalde comes with a 6.2 Liter versus the 5.3 Liter of the Tahoe. My Neighbor has an Escalade and is getting 20% - 25% less MPG than me. I would go for the 5.3 personally because lets face it these are trucks and not sport cars and handle as such. If you want a Sport ruck with crazy HP and the handling to go with it get a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT - Not my taste but definately has the suspension and brakes to go with big HP.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the same situation as you were. I took the Tahoe out for a test drive and feel in love with the abundant space, quick start, large body, recliner type seats, etc. Size does matter. I used to have an rx330, I have to say even with all the reliability and consumer report ratings favoring the rx330. I still love the Tahoe, it has one of the quietest interiors and smoothest ride for an SUV. I haven’t had a single issue with my 07 Tahoe and I’ve had for over a year and 10K miles.

If you want image and prestige then go for the X5 or ML350, I haven’t really looked at the GL450, its pretty much an extended ML, so you only get the increase in length, not the overall size increase. I think Tahoe’s could hold its own against the German luxury brands in terms or quality and reliability. I have to say though on my new 07 E350 the paint job, fit and finish is excellent, GM needs to do a lot of improvement to match up against the German luxury brands.

If money and maintenance cost is no object to you and you want to get maximum head turns wherever you go then buy the Escalade. The Escalade is standard issue for celebrities and sport stars, you could have the same ride as they do.
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:48 AM
CF Beginner

I think you should look at the Honda Accord. It is much smaller but it is Asian which=better quality than the European and the American cars put together. No wait, the Accord is made in Ohio but it's Japanese. Hold on I'm getting confused. What were we talking about?

All I know is my 06 Z71 is so big inside, sometimes I let the kids play soccer in it. My wife liked it so well when I bought it she drove it all the time. She told me it was 50% hers which meant she got to drive it 100% of the time and Isaid with math like that no wonder you can't balance your check book.I had to go buy her one to get mine back. Yes, we have 2.
Old May 4th, 2007, 1:22 AM
CF Beginner

I am leaning toward the Tahoe now but I still like the sportiness of the X5, I also like the Escalade but dont know if its worth it especially if am going to put 26 in rims which is going to burn more of a hole in my pcoket[]
Old May 4th, 2007, 2:00 AM
CF Junior Member

I really don't see how you can go wrong with an '07 Tahoe LTZ. Personally I find the X5 tiny inside and the Escalade (even if I could afford it) is way too "bling" for me.

According to Edmunds, the main competitors to the Tahoe are Dodge Durango, Ford Expedition, Nissan Armada and Toyota Sequoia. While I have read good reviews for the Expedition, personally, I think the Tahoe is head and shoulders above the other ones.

Good luck with the purchase and don't forget the pics.
Old May 4th, 2007, 3:31 AM
CF Beginner

Am not even considering those other ones you made I think they all look disgusting compared to the Tahoe. One important feature for me in the Tahoe is ipod connection? is there a good hookup for this in the Tahoe?
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:52 PM
CF Active Member

The '07's do come with an auxillary input jack right below the stereo deck. So for less than $15 you can hook your iPod directly into your stereo system and have amazing sound. I use this almost everyday. There are other options out there for iPod integration. Do a search here and you will find lots of other options.
Old May 5th, 2007, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

wow....just barely caught this thread...kind of crazy you are looking to upgrade to a tahoe and i'm looking to downgrade to a cts...LOL[sm=smiley16.gif]
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

^Why are you downgrading? don't get me wrong the cts is a great car but I definately need more space.
Old May 6th, 2007, 3:01 AM
CF Beginner

I am downgrading mostly due to the fact that I really can't afford my tahoe....too much gas, higher payment, and I just want something better on gas mileage and I really don't need a car that big....plus I will be about $15,000 less in debt. I really don't want to get rid of it, but I feel it's a must

Quick Reply: Help persuade me get a Tahoe