Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Homicide!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Homicide!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Now that I got your attention let me clarify: These bench seats are killing me. I hate them. I went to the U-pull it junkyard in Pennsylvania yesterday and I drove the Sub. 137 miles each way.

So here is the predicament, the question the pondry...what are the dimensions to the seat? I had seen many many intact nice looking leather bench seats there yesterday. And what I am asking in general is the post 88 C/K have the seats sitting on a platform and this platform OVER the carpet and is bolted to the floor. The older C/Ks are likewise but the platform is UNDER the carpet. You see alot of C/K pickups there not many wagons(burbs, tahoes & blazers).

So I was wondering. Could I use something from the S body? They have MANY MANY MANY Blazers, Jimmys, Trailblazers, & Bravadas there. And quite a few with leather innards. I know they arent as wide but the seats should be the same especially with the bench because they will have the same length on the outer rail. I figure I d have to buy an inner seat rail for driver and passenger and then definitely find a C/K for the center console.

What do you guys think?
Old April 5th, 2012, 4:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

I have always found being creative the answer to most problems. You can spend the money to buy the seat rail or make something that will work yourself.
Old April 6th, 2012, 6:15 AM
CF Veteran

well, the seat rails are only $4 at the junkyard. Besides with a bench seat there are only 2 rails on the outsides. If I go to split bench or buckets then you would need another 2 rails at least for each seat to move independently.

I know I would at least have to get manual seats(which means cloth of some sort) because otherwise I would have to run wiring to the fuse panel to run motors.
Old April 11th, 2012, 7:35 AM
CF Veteran

OK, I have returned from the junkyard and what I got was a split bench seat from a GMC Sierra. $26 dollars for a light blue manual operated cloth 40/60 split bench. Essentially what I wanted. The back reclines with makes the seat more comfortable on long road trips. Blue clth means it doesnt or wouldnt clash much with the interior. I dont believe the Sierra had these seats originally because the inner bolt holes where didnt have bungs and appeared to be drilled into the floor of the car. But nonetheless I like them.

One more question? What do you guys use as a good fabric cleaner? I want to get them real clean looking and smelling but I dont want to stain the fabric.