Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Hood Deflector for 2007 Tahoe - Help me decide...

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2007, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hood Deflector for 2007 Tahoe - Help me decide...

Ok, I need some advice...

My '07 LTZ Gold mist metallic Tahoe is getting some road dings on the hood, and I thought I should get a hood deflector. The problem is that GM does not make one for the color of my car, though they make some to match other colors (this is really puzzling, why they don't make them to match all colors). Anyway, my best choices are chrome and smoke. Which should I get? If this makes a difference, I had my door handles replaced with chrome ones.

Any comments would be appreciated!!!

Photios
Old May 11th, 2007, 9:09 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hood Deflector for 2007 Tahoe - Help me decide...

Ok EGR and AVS both make clear deflectors. Pick one up and bring it to a respectable paint shop and have them paint the inside of the shield. It will match and it will not flake when things hit the surface because its painted on the inside. Also you will not be able to tell that it was painted. You can always go with the new "Camo" print. Seems to be populaur around here.The chrome shield looks ok on some vehicles with the big face chrome grillelike the new GMC truck, f150's, dodges, and 08 S-duties. I personally think on the tahoe its a little too much, and as for the smoke its ok. Now not to offend anyone I personally dont care for the look of the hood shields and have never had one on any of my vehicle. On the other side I've sold thousands of them..........in the end its all about preferance and I think your on the right track with the painted idea.
e
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:00 PM
DEI
CF Junior Member

My local dealership won't even put an aftermarket hood deflector on a Tahoe or Suburban any more. Eveyone they have put on made horrible wind noise and ended up coming back to the shop. The only one that have worked good with no noisewas the GM brand. I've had one on my Tahoe and can't complain. Personally I don't care for the chrome ones and the colored ones never seem to match real good. I'd vote for smoke.
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:09 PM
CF Junior Member

just go to any paint shop and have a clear aftermarket one painted on the back side... just another womans thoughts.... Marie
Old May 11th, 2007, 10:11 PM
CF Senior Member

My summit white suburban's summit white hood guard looks and matches like a charm...
Old May 12th, 2007, 7:22 AM
e
CF Senior Member

GM doesnt make the bugshield....its made by an aftermarket company and given to GM for review, approved, then branded with GM label. And the statement about windnoise is true but not to all shields.
Old May 12th, 2007, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

If I go with an after-market shield, which company makes a shield that is free of wind noise?

There were two brand mentioned in a previous post: EGR and AVS.

Are both brands acceptable or is there a better one?