Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How do you like your '07 Burb?

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2007 | 6:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Default How do you like your '07 Burb?

What's up all?

Just purchased an 07 LT and sold my 07 LTZ Tahoe to my father which I purchased new one year ago. The differences I found right away: This baby must weigh a whole lot more than the Hoe, as she really seems alot heavier on accel/decel.

Any +s or -s you want to share?

Thanks.

Old August 11th, 2007 | 10:59 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: How do you like your '07 Burb?

I've only had mine about a month but I love it. I'm a little annoyed at all the things that are "unavailable" when driving -- the usual nav stuff, lots of the stereo controls, and worst of all the seat memory -- but they're minor. It definitely isn't a fast-moving vehicle but for it's weight and in my case being on 20s, it rides pretty smoothly. Definitely a highway cruiser.
Old January 7th, 2008 | 4:36 AM
CF Junior Member

love my 07 burb, with flowmaster and 24". only complain so far is the side molding, had to get it replaced 2x now, 1st was rust and then the second one was glue not enough and it was coming off and got bent. all under warranty but just the hassle. other than that i love it
Old January 7th, 2008 | 2:34 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: McGuireV10

I've only had mine about a month but I love it. I'm a little annoyed at all the things that are "unavailable" when driving -- the usual nav stuff, lots of the stereo controls, and worst of all the seat memory
I agree but we have the litigious happy American public to thank for this.
Old February 4th, 2008 | 6:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Love it, and I came to it from a BMW 750...

Does what it is supposed to do, well built, peppy for a 3ton vehicle and there is a huge eco-system of parts and upgrades.

Oh, I also crashed my bumper and needed to have it replaced. The part itself is $268 on GMParts. Guess how much is a bumper for a BMW 750...?
Old February 5th, 2008 | 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

I bought my LTZ (5.3)in Dec, used w/17k miles. I love the creature comforts and highway cruising comfort.Having driven nothing but 'burbs the past 20 years,I find this onea bit heavy and sluggish(throttle response)on accel but, hey, what can one expect from something this heavy? Iinstalled a cold air intake but have put the exhaust & tuner mod plans on holduntil I decide whether to keep this for a while ordownsize to a Tahoe for better MPG and performance. Not sure yet whether I can give up the space.I was tempted by a 6.0L but just couldn't justify it at the time.
Old February 8th, 2008 | 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

I've had my LT for a few weeks now. I installed a 13" overhead TV and Air Lift suspension bags. It pulls my 4k lb trailer better than my F-150. The power is good and the ride is superb. My main compaint is the lack of leg room in the 2nd and 3rd rows. I am currently swapping my 2nd row bench for captains, hopefully that will open it up a bit more for the kids. I also don't like how the headlights flickerslightly at night when something else turns on like the fans and /or trans downshifting. I also wish the seats folded flat into the floor.
Old March 28th, 2008 | 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

We have had our '07 suburban LTfor 15 months now & I love it! We went from an '02 Olds mini van so the burb has a lot of power compared to that.Love the cargo space & 4WD.We had captains chairs in the van & I hated them because no one could get to the back seat except kids. We went with the power bench and keep the one side flipped up most of the time so 2 kids can sit in the back. They sure have changed from the '85& '87suburbans we had growing up.
Old March 31st, 2008 | 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

love it! We went from an '04 Hoe to the '07 burb....definately should have gotten the 'burb the first time. We got tired of having to take out the third row from the 'hoe just to get stuff in the back for boating, camping, etc. With the third row flipped up in the 'burb it is more room than the 'hoe. Anyways just had an issue with the 2nd row captain chair armrest. First time was lower than the other and then finally just came off which was replaced all under warranty.