Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How to get power back to left rear tail/turn signal/back-up light.

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2017, 7:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How to get power back to left rear tail/turn signal/back-up light.

2008 Chevy Suburban 4x4 LT with 5.3 liter flex fuel. Top brake light works in the driver side rear tail light. But, the Back up light, turn signal, sidemarker light, and tail light don't work. Have checked all fuses, ground connection on frame at left rear corner, and all the light bulbs mentioned. Is there a junction under the spare tire or inside the rear compartment that the harness for the circuit is routed?
Can't find one on the wiring schematic or location chart for the circuit.
Old October 30th, 2017, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you need to replace your tail light junction box its easy to do part should cost no more then $33 at advance auto or auto zone
Old October 31st, 2017, 5:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have searched for a tail light junction box both inside and outside the Suburban. It was my first thought when they tail lamps stopped working. But, I am not able to locate a junction box and I believe that the circuit goes directll to the under hood fuse box and that the BCM controls when the tail lights have power to them. I even have looked under the spare tire with no luck. Even the wiring diagram for the tail lights do not show a junction that the lights hook up to. The schematic shows a connector from the lights to a harness and then directly to the under hood fuse box.

There must have been engineering changes for the 2008 model year.

Last edited by Yogi; October 31st, 2017 at 5:31 PM.