Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I have several questions about my '07 Tahoe! Help if you can.

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2007, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have several questions about my '07 Tahoe! Help if you can.

Guys, I am a newbie here, but have been doing some reading and now finally want to post some questions about my 2007 black LTZ Tahoe. Please post or help if you can! Thanks for your time.

1-Is there any way to shorten the "intro" screen? What I mean is that by the time I back up, the intro screen is still on when there is supposed to be the backup camera image. It just stays on too long after you crank the car.

2-I got my hoe May 1st, 2006 and now I am thinking about making some mods to the vehicle, but don't want to ruin the warranty on the vehicle. Will I by changing the wheels? I am leasing the vehicle, so everything I want to do needs to be undone in 3 years.

3-What is the best fit wheel wise for this truck? 22" or 24"? I am leaning towards a black American Racing 5 or 6 spoke design. Anyone have something like that on their ride? If so, show me!

4-I have seen a few new Tahoes around town with a chrome honeycomb grill that looks very factory, most of the ones I have seen have 30 day tags. Is this something the newer ones are getting as an option because I didn't. Is there a way to switch it out? I definitely don't want to do any cutting.

5-I would love to get some black or metal looking "bowtie" emblems. It looks like there are a few places to look after doing some reading on the site. Any new ideas out?

6-Is there a way to easily switch out my bucket seats for a bench?

7-What's the best iPod connection kit that will allow me to see playlists, etc. through the screen? I have the navi unit obviously.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have some more questions, as if this isn't enough, but anyway answer what you can. I just didn't want to post 7 different questions on the Tahoe forum and figured this was the easiest way!
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I have several questions about my '07 Tahoe! Help if you can.

ORIGINAL: joebunn
First off Joe, Welcome to Chevroletforum.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-I have seen a few new Tahoes around town with a chrome honeycomb grill that looks very factory, most of the ones I have seen have 30 day tags. Is this something the newer ones are getting as an option because I didn't. Is there a way to switch it out? I definitely don't want to do any cutting.

I have an early model LTZ as well. The newer LTZ's made later in 2006 and 2007 do have chrome grill, chrome mirrors, and a woodgrain console where the drink holders are. There are several aftermarket grills that can overlay your stock grill without cutting. Personally I like the monochromatic look, though I do like the escalade lower mirrors caps that some of the members here have installed.

6-Is there a way to easily switch out my bucket seats for a bench?
I assume you mean 2nd row? There was a thread on this earlier this year, buut I dont recall if anybody actually did it. Try searching the forum using various key words. Good Luck
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
1. I agree. I believe the answer is no cuz it's like the computer boot up time. You can kill the rear screen after you take it out of reverse by pressing the audio button on the radio.
2. Most things you do will not affect warranty unless it can be shown that the mod contributed to the problem like you put a blower on it and a rod is found poking thru the side of the block. []
3. There are tons of threads on this forum about wheel/tire 22" and larger. Do a search.
4. The LTZs came out last fall with the chrome grill, mirror covers, and door handles. At an increased cost.
5. Check eBay. GM pulled (or never granted it) authority to make the aftermarket bowties. My black bowties are currently in a DupliColor can.
6. Why????
7. Same a #3. Lots of threads on this.
Interesting that I got my black LTZ in May 2006 also. Good luck with mods.
Old June 5th, 2007, 9:31 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark

My black bowties are currently in a DupliColor can.
I've been playing around with Carbon Fiber and some other films.
this is what I came up with.
what do you guys think

Old June 5th, 2007, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

As for the wheels, I went today to Discount Tire. The guy really didn't want to sell me 22's. He wants me to just get new wheels to go with the 20's that are on there now that come with the LTZ. I was shocked. He was saying something about the weight and rubbing and pulling a trailer, blah, blah was not a good match for 22's. Is he right or wrong? He actually seemed to be a nice, knowledgeable guy. As for me wanting to get a bench in the back...I just don't like the buckets. You can only seat 4 people (I hate the 3rd row seats and always take them out). When you have a bench, you can haul a crew!
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Looks very good! Is it a heat shrinkable film?
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:15 AM
CF Active Member

thanks. no it's not a heat shrinkble film.
it's a water transfer printing film. or they also call it Hydrographics.
same one many oem and aftermarket companies use to do dashes/steering wheels/etc.
this is my new hobby lately

here is a link for a video of it. it's a really cool stuff
http://www.dips-n-pieces.de/download...3afb4b9c50708c
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

joe- rubbing is not a serious issue. it barely affects the turning radius... BARELY. if you do alot of towing, then bigger wheels are gonna put more strain on the brakes because they add to overall load weight. i had 24s on my yukon with seadoos on a trailer every weekend. my brakes were struggling. but i upgraded to Baer Alumasport calipers and rotors... and no more issues. otherwise, i had no problems towing on 24s. street, highway, didn't matter. my biggest issue was potholes and really bad dirt roads. or wiping them off after water launch.
however, like we were discussing in the "newbie" thread, there seems to be potential issues with wheel fitment on the 07s. specifically offset. apparently the front and rear offsets don't match. and the vast majority of SUV wheels are fabricated only in one offset. so a little shaving might be neccessary.