Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Installed a Pioneer AVH-4000DVD

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2008, 8:32 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed a Pioneer AVH-4000DVD

Just finished my install and this is a great unit for the money. It is a little tight behind the H/U but made everything fit. Also got Sirius hooked up. I installed a little push button I got from RadioShack to do the DVD bypass and put it in the change holder in the center console. Enjoy.....

Old May 14th, 2008, 8:47 PM
Former Moderator
Honorably Retired Member of Staff

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Installed a Pioneer AVH-4000DVD

Nice, clean install.
Old May 14th, 2008, 9:01 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Like the secret james Bond button for the DVD bypass, good thinking should you ever get pulled over...
Old June 2nd, 2008, 3:24 AM
ty
CF Beginner

Hey nice set up. I just got one of these as well and was wondering how you wired this? Is it just a straight ground with a button? Is it wired to a powered wire? If you could help that would be great.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: ty

Hey nice set up. I just got one of these as well and was wondering how you wired this? Is it just a straight ground with a button? Is it wired to a powered wire? If you could help that would be great.
It's real simple.....I've attached the button you need to buy from Radioshack and all you do is connect one of the pins to the green wire that you are supposed to connect the emergency brake and the other pin to a ground. As soon as the "Don't drive while in motion....." screen comes up....just click the button once.

RadioShack
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
ty
CF Beginner

Thanks! If I were to do this, which of course I won't because that would be illegal, now that I know how to do that I'm gonna try a 3-way switch so that I can still hook it up to the parking brake. That way if other people drive my car or I get pulled over I could have an on/off/on switch that one side will be straight to the ground for faking out the system, the middle will be off for whenI need to click it at the warning screen, and the 3rd will go the the e-brake so it will function legally. Hope it works, if of course I decided to do this which I won't.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:58 PM
CF Active Member

Sounds like to much work....... Don't worry man, the police are watching the boards. haha Good luck and let me know if you need any additional info.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 9:38 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Of course if you did do this, it would be so the front passenger could enter nav stuff or scroll XM stations. Or watch the movie w/ the kids.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 7:00 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the satellite hook-up, did you have to use a separate antenna or does the factory XM antenna work?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: haidangwa

For the satellite hook-up, did you have to use a separate antenna or does the factory XM antenna work?
I actually hooked up Sirius and mounted the sirius stuff under the passenger seat.....so yes I had to run a seperate antenna to the rear of the truck...on the roof.

Quick Reply: Installed a Pioneer AVH-4000DVD