Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Interior Trim

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2006, 4:52 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior Trim

So after much ado, I finally got my 07 Tahoe 3LT.

I like it... I really do.

But......

What is with the wood trim??? It doesn't 'go' with the light titanium interior at all.

Does anyone know of a place to purchase 'replacement' trim?? I want to match the center console and steering wheel's black trim and get rid of the burlewood stuff.

I know that I can get brushed aluminum from the dealer, but they want $795 for it!!!! [:-]

Thanks in advance.

Jeff.
Old October 18th, 2006, 5:54 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Interior Trim

So funny you mention this. Just the other day we were driving down the road, and out of the blue my wife who has no detail for cars said this "why in the hell did they put the wood grain in these 07 tahoes, it doesnt match and they have the aluminum pieces around the vents".

I about fell over when she said this. However I agree. The wood looks cheap! I didnt know you could get the brushed aluminum from chevy. I am guessing it matches the ones around the vents? Can someone confirm that it is $800? That is crazy! I might buy it for around $100 or so.
Old October 18th, 2006, 9:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A better question is: once I find new trim, how do I remove the old stuff without damaging the rest of the truck???

Hmmmmmm.
Old October 19th, 2006, 8:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see the Z71's have brushed aluminum in place of the "wood". I'd like to change my interior over, too but I'm not interested in any of the cheesy stick-on kits all over ebay.

Are the LS models wood or alum, or something else? If alum, maybe there are some LS owners that would like to trade to the "up level" LT pieces? Anyone interested?

Otherwise, a good GM parts guy should be able to get you all the brushed alum pieces for way less than 8 bones. Looking up all the PN's may take some time, though.
Old October 19th, 2006, 9:10 PM
CF Active Member

I agree with you guys. They should have stuck to one or the other. I'm gonna replace the simulated wood with some matching inserts or something. Mo money!!
Old October 20th, 2006, 12:17 AM
CF Junior Member

www.wooddash.com

www.autoanything.com